PDA

View Full Version : drivers

happyg01
26-07-2012, 02:49 PM
I reinstall windows on my pc but I need to install the driver for graphic, network and any other ones. How would I find out what drivers I need and what type to install. Also in device manager I cant find my network adaptor. any help would be appreaciated

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2012, 02:57 PM
You'll have to find out what the brand / model of your motherboard / system is. Then go to the site then download the drivers

stormdragon
26-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Is it a brand name PC, if so have a look at the manufactures website.

If its a custom build you need to find out what the motherboard is and download the drivers from the makes website and if you have a separate video card from Nvidia or ATI.

Trev
26-07-2012, 05:06 PM
All your drivers should be on the mother board disk, if you have one.
:)

icow
26-07-2012, 05:54 PM
All your drivers should be on the mother board disk, if you have one.
:)

Only if you are using integrated graphics, if you have a graphics card them you will need to obtain specific drivers for it elsewhere.

Paul.Cov
27-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Concentrate on getting the network driver. Once that's working Windows Update will take care of the rest for you.

Or if you have a USB modem, use that to get online to Windows Update.

bk T
27-07-2012, 10:02 AM
... Once that's working Windows Update will take care of the rest for you.

May not.

Best bet would be, find out the Brand PC's model no. or service tag # (look for the sticker on the box) then, go to their website and download the appropriate drivers.

Speedy Gonzales
27-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Thats what I did, with my sisters PC, when I formatted her laptop. I installed the drivers for this mobile, connected it. Then installed the LAN drivers thru device manager / windowsupdate. Once, these had been installed, I connected it to the nieces modem/router.

And installed the rest of the updates