PDA

View Full Version : Automatic batch uninstaller?

Bener
25-07-2012, 05:22 PM
I spend *way* too much time removing bloatware and rubbish invasive software from clients' machines - I know PCDecrapifier and a few others offer auto removal of some software, and semi-auto uninstall of the rest, but there seems to be no 'set and forget' solution.

I am guessing it is just too hard to create software that can automatically deal with all uninstall programs.

I am not even exclusively looking for a free solution - software like this would save me enough time to be worth purchasing...

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I dont think any one program is going to remove all the crap programs at the same time. If this is what you want to do. I dont think windows will let you uninstall everything at the same time anyway. It needs to finish the first uninstall, before it'll uninstall the next program

And if you wanted a batch file to do it, you'll probably be there all year writing it. If you wanted it to remove all the folders and registry entries as well. If its a program like Nortons/Mcafee, get the removal tool for it

Bener
25-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah that is the general idea of what I have been able to find. I have googled long and hard for a solution. One at a time would be okay though, if it would go through a list without user interaction.

The main issue for me is the amount of time spent pressing 'next'.

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2012, 06:28 PM
A program called easy uninstaller (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Easy-Uninstaller.shtml) may uninstall more than 1 program at once. Well so it says.

The biggest advantage of the product is the fact that you can select multiple apps to uninstall. On the other hand, there is no search function available. But, all in all, Easy Uninstaller is a pretty good program for uninstalling software, although it still needs some improvements. We strongly recommend it to all users.

I've never used it tho. Just dont get it from cnet or download.com. Some of their downloads they repackage, and put their own crap in it If you dont get it from the above site. I dont know if thats the latest version, or if its an old version.

8ftmetalhaed
25-07-2012, 07:45 PM
It would be nice for an app to be able to schedule multiple uninstallations, scanning windows for 'next' buttons, 'automatic', 'restart later' sort of thing.

I've done a couple of reformats on HP OEM's and the bloatware is at times kind of irritating. But not too hard to get rid of if the PC is quick enough.

blanco
25-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Iobit Uninstaller has a batch mode and is a portable app you can run from
a USB device. Haven't used it myself but from the good reviews I've
read it may be worth trying and I think its freeware.
Read reviews at http://download.cnet.com/IObit-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-75161625.html
but download directly from http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

Bener
25-07-2012, 11:57 PM
It would be nice for an app to be able to schedule multiple uninstallations, scanning windows for 'next' buttons, 'automatic', 'restart later' sort of thing.

I've done a couple of reformats on HP OEM's and the bloatware is at times kind of irritating. But not too hard to get rid of if the PC is quick enough.

Yeah HP's are shocking, by far the worst I have found is a Sony Vaio laptop - the list was HUGE!

blanco - I've tried IObit but it still relies on the program's built in uninstaller that you have to click through...

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Did you try the link I posted?

Agent_24
26-07-2012, 12:55 AM
The easiest way to uninstall all the bloated crapware from a brand new machine is to format and reinstall.