PDA

View Full Version : ICS stopped working on Huawei X5

bruce666
24-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I have a rooted Huawei X5 bought secondhand with Ice Cream Sandwich Aurora installed by previous owner. It worked fine for months but now suddenly won't start up, it stops at the Aurora animation screen. The day before this it developed a bad echo in voice calls. Is ICS too "beta" to rely on? I'm happy to revert to a more stable version, though how? - I just need a working phone. If this is the wrong forum, can you direct me to the right one? thanks . . .

Chilling_Silence
24-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Basically the ICS build will be unofficial as far as I'm aware.

Still, you ought to be able to boot into recovery by turning off the device, then holding Vol-Down and Power for 10 seconds. From there, do a factory reset and see how you go.

bruce666
24-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Yes, that's done it! I lost a couple of paid apps but got my phone back. Thanks a lot CS.

So what happened and is it possible to roll back to a sturdier more official Android if I need to? Just a link to a how-to website or a beginner's article would be appreciated.

cheers, Bruce

=======================

Basically the ICS build will be unofficial as far as I'm aware.

Still, you ought to be able to boot into recovery by turning off the device, then holding Vol-Down and Power for 10 seconds. From there, do a factory reset and see how you go.

stratex5
24-07-2012, 10:59 PM
You should be able to get your paid apps back by signing back into your google account in the play store then pressing the menu button then pressing my apps then by swyping across to all. Look in there, find the app, then download.

Chilling_Silence
25-07-2012, 09:24 AM
No idea what happened to be honest, it could have been anything? It's always possible to go backwards / forwards with different versions, especially community-built ones (Wouldn't surprise me if there was a Jellybean release now).

As stratex5 mentioned, your apps aren't lost, you don't have to re-buy them. Simply sign in with the same Google account as you used last time (Your Gmail address) and you won't have to re-pay for them. The $ figure on the app will change to "Purchased". You can follow his instructions to get a list of all your old apps too :)

Nick G
25-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Or, depending on the play store variant you have, make it even easier on yourself by downloading the free 'alternative play store' from the play store. That has a column of apps you've paid for, making it really easy to find them again.

Chilling_Silence
25-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Ah yeah Paul from MoDaCo whipped that up didn't he? I remember reading something about that!

Nick G
25-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Ah yeah Paul from MoDaCo whipped that up didn't he? I remember reading something about that!
Yup, good app too.