PDA

View Full Version : old vodafone sim card - freebies/swapsies anyone?

arthuritus
23-07-2012, 04:50 PM
So I was hunting through my drawers for the stash of old sim cards in the hope of finding one for my tablet. Turns out they've all either died or have "limited service" which I suspect could be from bringing my number over to other service providers.

I resent the idea of paying $30 for a vodafone sim when I recently bought a new (brick) phone complete with 2 degrees sim and $60 worth of add-ons for the exact same price. I mean come on, THEY should be paying ME to take their sims. But I digress.

Does anyone have an old vodafone sim they don't use? I do have a spare 2 degrees sim with some credit but I want vodafone as my secondary so people can text me without paying extra and also so I can use vodafone's free texting service. If you want to swap you'd probably come out a couple of dollars ahead ^^

So yep, post here or pm me if you can help out.

Thanks in advance!

GameJunkie
23-07-2012, 07:50 PM
just buy one and be done with it

WalOne
23-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I have an old 128K Vodafone sim card. I also have an elderly Panasonic Lumix camera which needs a bit of padding between the battery and the clasp so it works ... guess what I use the sim card for? Young geeky type watched me replace the battery and insert the sim card padding and asked me what I was doing. I told him I had one of the original camera phones ...

:D

forrest44
23-07-2012, 09:33 PM
ha ha ha

forrest44
23-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Well yeah the problem is because they are $30 new, they go for $20 on trademe. Maybe you can find a used one for which the promotions you get when buying a new one are gone?

arthuritus
24-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Yep might just have to buy one. No biggie, just thought there'd be other people like me out there with stacks of old sims sitting round to get rid of. Only their sim cards would work, unlike mine. WalOne, cameras are just starting to go the full circle in terms of styling etc. You probably could have convinced me that your 'new' camera was 3g compatible ^^