PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone NZ Exodus

aonghas
22-07-2012, 01:53 AM
[edited by request]

pctek
22-07-2012, 07:13 AM
....join Facebook.....you just lost me there.

stratex5
22-07-2012, 08:23 AM
....join Facebook.....you just lost me there.

gotta say pctek is right on that one:(

B.M.
22-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Vodafail in Aus aren't travelling too well either.

See Attachnent.

Digby
22-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Today's young people use Facebook to get their points across.

(But the Vodafone thing is just another example of how we are being ripped off by our telcos just ask anyone from overseas)

8ftmetalhaed
22-07-2012, 11:34 AM
oh hi aonghas.

Yes the regulars here generally try not to do anything with facebook.
Got a google plus event? That might get a few people going.

Iantech
22-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Fair enough if you spend all day on your phone texting (including when you are driving) I guess, but my phone is used as a phone.

prefect
22-07-2012, 12:12 PM
texting is for brain dead female teenagers who keep saying like and so.

KarameaDave
22-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Like, so...do old codgers:D

mzee
22-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a Vodafone because of the Best Mates, up to 3 for $6 month each. I also have 2degrees for other calls and text. Considering a dual SIM card phone. I try to make my calls on 2talk, it is cheaper than any others.

aonghas
22-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Ahh sorry everyone, didn't realise that some of you may not be on Facebook. For the benefit of those who aren't on Facebook, I'll just copy over the event description if I may (sorry if some of you have already read this):

Unless you have a BestMate or travel regularly out of Auckland, there is NO reason why you should still be with Vodafone Mobile.

It's very easy to see who is cheaper:
http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/paymonthly/plans
http://www.vodafone.co.nz/phones-plans/plans/smart/

Key points:
2D: 5000 texts to any NZ network = $10
VF: 2500 texts to any NZ network = $12
- 2D is 58% cheaper!

2D: 1GB mobile data = $20
VF: 512MB mobile data = $30
- 2D is 67% cheaper!

Prepay text rate:
2D = $0.09
VF = $0.20
- 2D is 55% cheaper!

Prepay call rate:
2D = 44c/min
VF = 89c/min
- 2D is 51% cheaper!

-2D has carryover minutes for up to a year!
-2D has shared data, meaning you can share your data plan between your phone, iPad, or up to 5 friends!
-You can collect Fly Buys points every time you top up on 2D!

On average, 2degrees is cheaper than Vodafone by over 50%! 2degrees beat Vodafone's TXT5000 with the same deal but to ANY NZ network! You shouldn't have to feel restricted to only text people on the same network. Remember, you don't have to change your number when you switch to 2degrees - you can keep your 021!

Start the revolution and force the competition to get their act together! On the 5th of August 2012, 2degrees celebrates its 3rd anniversary. Let's all make the switch and start paying less for more!

I've also created a Google+ event too:
https://plus.google.com/events/cl7a30cpeag1r87hvo2k1pgrrhc/111926831044639944962

gary67
22-07-2012, 08:41 PM
For those like me that send about 10 texts a month, don't have a smart phone and only really use my cell to make and receive calls, my Vodafone deal is hard to beat for $17 a month I get 60 minutes of talk time which I always use and 40 texts which I seldom use, the equivalent on 2D or telescum would cost me double and no I'm not in Auckland but on the mainland. I did look at 2D and to get the same was going to cost me $40 a month. I'm sticking with Vodafone as it makes far more sense financially for me. I do use a 2D usb modem though for mobile BB as that is cheaper.

Plus I hate being told what I should do, I do my own research and make the decision that suits me. And what's this crap about if 'you travel regularly out of Auckland' 2D do have coverage outside of Auckland. I suggest doing some travelling before making random dumb statements

Nomad
22-07-2012, 09:09 PM
There was a news article that in the UK, text messages accounted most of what their customers did or was that the revenue ...

I think dual simcard phones severely limits your choice in phones.
If you like 2D, by all means port your 021 no. across to 2D. 2 pple have done it here.
You could also carry two phones like me, I have a phone for naggy pple like job interviews, utility costs and the like and the other for personal.

I'm not up to the news with texting. Both Voda and 2D have some decent packages for texting, is it 2D better, ok.
Yes, Voda has bestmates, pretty good maybe in the future that may be a better deal for me. If so I would just port my 022 no. across. For the moment, 9c texting is pretty good for me and I don't make that much calling. But I think that prepay calling is pretty good with 2D even if you make up to the x mins alloc. for the postpaid packages, unless you go over it and you get the discounted rates per the min or per the text. But again, if later I do make more text or calls and a postpaid plan and or a diff provider is more suited, just port your no. across.

Edit.
If you look at Voda's Value Deals, under prepay they have a 45 or 49c per min calling. You can swap over to value from super prepay for a $5 fee.
As for the text messages. Well, you cannot really take it 2500 or 5000 text messages. Sure there are those who do use that much or over it but equally there a lot of pple who don't even use close to either of them but may just get them because if they sent a few hundred per the month, it would be cheaper to get the 2500/5000 deal even thou they may use no where near that. $10 decide 20c = 50 texts. If you sent 2 text per day that's 60/mo.

And even if you talk about 3G data, it's not just Auckland, they have several towers across the country incl WLG, CHC, Queenstown and others .. On this note probably better for tourists to go with Voda b/c they can use it in Westcoast, Te Anau, Invercargil ..etc and still take adv of the 3G package deals.

gradebdan
22-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I use Vodafone prepay. $20 top up when empty. I
always carry my phone so that I can be in contact
when necessary. I regard my phone's primary use
as an insurance against unexpected happenings.
As regards 5000000000000 text a month, not for me.

Iantech
23-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Ahh sorry everyone,

bla bla

You either work for 2D or have shares in them I think. But good luck in your cause, 2D need people like you.

Funded by private equity from the US and a Maori investor, Hautaki Trust, 2degrees launched its retail mobile service from scratch in August 2008, and has wracked up accumulated losses since inception of $247.4 million, in line with expectations during a three to five year start-up phase.

Chief executive Eric Hertz said 2degrees was "still in the investment phase," with some $450 million of capital committed to supporting the company's growth and investing in its own national mobile network.

A further $50 million is to be committed this year to support both capital expenditure and operating losses, and equipment supplier Huawei had committed $120 million of financing to help fund network development.

aonghas
23-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Haha surprisingly I don't work for 2degrees nor do I have shares in them, I've just had enough of Vodafone's sluggish response to a changing mobile market. Also I am well aware of those financial stats about 2degrees and to be honest, what 2degrees does with its money is not my problem. The only thing I need to worry about is how much it's costing me. If 2D ever run themselves into the ground, it's a simple switch back to Vodafone. But by then, I will have probably already saved hundreds $$$

GameJunkie
23-07-2012, 10:11 AM
for $6 a month, i get 150 texts to any network which is fine for me

on telecom

mikebartnz
23-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Fair enough if you spend all day on your phone texting (including when you are driving) I guess, but my phone is used as a phone.
+1
I bloody hate texting. I have had with stupid people who text when a call is so much more productive.
Don't mind a text like stating they will be 1/2 an hour late or similar but the rest is crap. I do about 25 text a year.

23-07-2012, 01:21 PM
+1
I bloody hate texting. I have had with stupid people who text when a call is so much more productive.
Don't mind a text like stating they will be 1/2 an hour late or similar but the rest is crap. I do about 25 text a year.

+1
them "text me all the details blah blah"
me "I dont text , ring or email me"

My batphone is hopeless for txting , but is great as a phone.
:illogical

Bener
23-07-2012, 02:47 PM
2degrees is excellent value currently, by far the best deal I could find - $39/month, no contract.
Includes 100 minutes + 120 bonus minutes per month for a year (I call constantly and never run out)
150MB + 1GB bonus data per month for two years.
5000 texts (who could use all that?)

The bonuses I am very happy with, as they should have even more competitive plans by the time my bonuses run out.

Very good deal I say...

pcuser42
23-07-2012, 02:55 PM
About the only issue I have with 2degrees's $10 for 5000 texts is that that's the only pack available. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than Vodafone (which I was never with: I switched from Telecom), but introducing a $6 for 2500 pack would be good as well.