PDA

View Full Version : Question about PayPal

braindead
21-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi all,

Is it possible for me to top up my PayPal account from my NZ savings bank account? I've been told it's not possible but I want to know what the folks here think. If yes, what's the process of depositing to PayPal?

If you have a link to this info that would be great.

Much appreciation!

AvonBill
22-07-2012, 01:41 AM
My PayPal account says the following when I try to add funds:

Add Funds is Not Available

PayPal does not currently offer the ability to add funds from your bank account.

When you make a payment, PayPal charges the buyer's credit card and instantly credits the seller's PayPal account.

Erayd
22-07-2012, 02:14 AM
To the best of my knowledge, this isn't possible with NZ bank accounts. The usual process for NZ users is to attach a debit or credit card to it. If you then use your PayPal account to make any payment larger than the available balance, the remainder will be charged to your card.

Digby
22-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes what Erayd says

The reason is that it would cost money for Paypal to do what you want.

I try to sell enough stuff overseas so that there is always some money in my Paypal account.

But of course that's not always not possible.

Agent_24
22-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't have anything in my PayPal account, don't see any reason to.
I have it connected to a Westpac Debit card. When I buy something with PayPal they just charge the card. Works perfectly well, no problems.

To be honest I don't think I'd want PayPal to actually keep any money of mine, read too many stories on the internet of people where it ended up frozen by PayPal and they went insane getting their access back.