PDA

View Full Version : AVG continues to request restart pc to update its files.

Advocar
18-07-2012, 04:06 PM
This has just started up over last 4 days. I started a total scan and when it finished It displayed auto shut down, shuts down then reboots OK, but still requests shut down even if you log off and reboot manually. I have been getting AVG c:\ programs\ect\ cookies\low\ tracking requests to select what to do with these tracking cookies? If I click on them and click/ move to right some will be removed by AVG. They can also at times display multiple threat?? any help appreciated

stratex5
18-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I say you ditch avg and go to nod32

Nick G
18-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Ditch AVG. Have you tried booting into safe mode and then running a full scan?

Bener
18-07-2012, 09:47 PM
+1 for ditching AVG - I've run into a lot of issues with it lately, slowing down PC's hideously...
Don't have any advice for ya in terms of fixing AVG though sorry!

Advocar
18-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks, tomorrow will boot into safe mode and do a full scan. Running windows pro 64 bit with pro office and Interesting that windows sent a messsage re my having having trouble so it changed setup ???? to help resolve the issue with AVG. I guess it looks for repeat issues and tries to sort out issues. I think it came from a software program not from a human interaction. ??????/ I have a new PC only 6 8 months old and impressed with "extended help" that is inside the HELP screens.