PDA

View Full Version : Creating Instructional Videos for PC Users

learning
17-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I wish to create simple 2 min video clips on PC tasks/ How To's

i.e How to Set Out Of Office in MS Outlook or How to setup a printer using the wizard.

I am using Snagit to screen capture the steps which outputs in AVI format.

I want to be able to add little text pop ups e.g when clicking on some button i want a pop up text window to come up in the video clip to list some point etc to the viewer.

Which is why i am plannig on using Sony Vegas Studio program to edit the clip to add text and add simple effects e.g the How to Title.

First will these 2 program be able to handle thsi task i am trying to accomplish ? I looked at Windows Movie make but it appears to be basic and limited

If using Sony Vegas studio is overkill for this take please advise any other softwares out there that will the job easily or more simply.

Thanks for any help

Speedy Gonzales
17-07-2012, 11:30 AM
It'd be better if you select the menus / options with snagit. When you do the capture. So people can see the menu / options. Then say what each one is / or does. Which would be better than trying to add text boxes after you've recorded it. Then burn it

learning
17-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks Speedy

I really want the videos to be visual only i.e no audio to accompany the steps.

I know it is more time consuming and cumbersome to add pointers or texts but in this case i want to go the video route only

stratex5
17-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Youtube has its own text box popups that you can put on but they are quite annoying to some viewers so they disable this option

Chilling_Silence
17-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Windows Live Movie Maker is your friend :) (Not the one that ships with Vista coz its ass)