PDA

View Full Version : excel graph 2007 query

globe
13-07-2012, 05:22 PM
I have a graph (stacked bar chart) and I want to add the data table below the graph. I have three sets of data, a,b and c where c = a + b.

What I would like to do is show all three sets of data in the data table below the graph but only plot data sets a and b on the graph. Is this possible ?

Jen
13-07-2012, 08:04 PM
How are you creating the graph? Have you tried to exclude the data range for c in the data source?

globe
15-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Have you tried to exclude the data range for c in the data source? not sure what you mean there ? If you do not include the data then the values do not appear in the data table at the bottom, yet if you do include them then they appear as part of the stacked column chart giving the wrong value (stacked means it shows a, b & c on top of one another, in effect doubling the overall value)

Lurking
15-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Have two spreadsheets.

Link the second with the plot you want.

B u g g e r, it's 20 years since I did that sort of thing in Lotus123, but it must be possible in Excel 2007, lol.

Lurking.

Jen
15-07-2012, 07:57 PM
not sure what you mean there ? If you do not include the data then the values do not appear in the data table at the bottom, yet if you do include them then they appear as part of the stacked column chart giving the wrong value (stacked means it shows a, b & c on top of one another, in effect doubling the overall value)Ah, when you said data table I thought you meant the excel table, not the chart series data table.

DrewP
18-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Why don't you simply resize the graph so that it fits on the same page as your data.

Otherwise right click the bar representing the C data and select format data point. Tick the Plot series on secondary axis.
The final step is to select fill and choose no fill option.
This has the effect of plotting the C data over top of the A & B data and the no fill option just means you never see it.