PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing Bodies

ReefRunner
13-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Yesterday evening I was compelled by the females in my family, lady wife and three teenage daughters, to watch the first episode of a series of the Embarrassing Bodies tv program in case they had questions which were best answered by a male. Guess what, a major topic was the cure for a bend in that most hallowed part of the male anatomy which was displayed in its full glory. The questions came thick and fast and I did my best to answer them truthfully but must admit that the embarrassment was all mine.

As a result of the program my youngest daughter, 14 years old and slim to the point of being skinny, declared that she no longer wanted a breast enhancement operation having viewed a similar op on the program. Telling her that she wasn't fully developed yet hadn't dampened her wish to be bigger.

My wife and I have always fully answered the girls' questions the majority of which have been handled by my wife, thank goodness, and the girls have human development lessons at school.

Am looking for some support here, how do other fathers handle these awkward situations? I can't simply slip out to the club for a beer while the program is on though the temptation to do so is very strong.

Chilling_Silence
13-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Well either you're going to answer them, or it's going to be answered by either their friends, the internet, or first-hand experience. I dunno about you but I know which I'd prefer to have happen.

Nick G
13-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Sounds as if you needed a beer or two :D

gary67
13-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I tell my step son to ask his father but at almost 18 (next week) I know he has already been experimenting with girls bodies

pctek
13-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Yesterday evening I was compelled by the females in my family, lady wife and three teenage daughters, to watch the first episode of a series of the Embarrassing Bodies tv program .

Gross. Having seen the shorts to that, no way.
I don't mind hospital programs, accident programs, but do we need to see the grossness of some of these problems?

As for your daughters, are they nuts? Why would anyone want over size breasts. Tell them to ask a naturally large breasted woman what fun that is....not.
Questions? I can't think of any they'd need an answer too.
It's not the usual sex ed questions, this is unfortunate people with gross problems, they have questions, they should ask their doctor.

Richard
13-07-2012, 02:55 PM
A bend in it?? Was that for shagging around corners?

CliveM
13-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Get over the embarrassment and give straight answers. Just be grateful your girls talk to you and want your opinion. They obviously have functioning brains and will develop into women you can be proud of.

Chilling_Silence
13-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Just be grateful your girls talk to you and want your opinion. They obviously have functioning brains and will develop into women you can be proud of.

Well said :)

kenj
13-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Yep, Clive said it all....then have a beer :banana (bananas have a bend as well)

Ken

Billy T
13-07-2012, 04:58 PM
The state of their teeth and mouths was a shocker, but what abolutely appalled me was the child-woman with rotting toes and utterly filthy feet. :yuck: I reckon the Doctor was just about gagging when he examined them, and then after they operated on her the stupid twit didn't change the dressings for a couple of weeks! When the Doctor unwrapped them they were a real mess. She was lucky they didn't go gangrenous.

The Brits are not what they used to be, but then, they never were.............

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

SP8's
13-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Yep, Clive said it all....have a beer then answer honestly :banana (bananas have a bend as well)

Ken

Just fixed that far ya Ken ... :D

R2x1
13-07-2012, 05:21 PM
A bend in it?? Was that for shagging around corners?Nah. It's for getting a bit on the side.

ReefRunner
13-07-2012, 05:33 PM
As for your daughters, are they nuts? Why would anyone want over size breasts. Tell them to ask a naturally large breasted woman what fun that is....not.
Questions? I can't think of any they'd need an answer too.
They have questions, they should ask their doctor.

There was no question about wanting oversize breasts, she just wanted a bigger allocation than she already has. Being borderline skinny can affect a young girl as much as being over-endowed. She wants to be more like her older sisters who appear to be satisfied with their natural shapes.

The questions fired directly at me about the male appendage were:
1. Why does he need an injection in order to get an er**tion?
2. Have you ever had an injection like that?
3. Have you been circumcised?

Not quite the questions the girls could ask their doctor.

Thanks for the responses.

SP8's
13-07-2012, 05:55 PM
At 14, I would have answered her honestly, as I did with my own daughter at that age. Chill is absolutely right on ... it's better to be up front and honest about questions of that nature ... gives them confidence that they can talk to you openly about anything and that can make one hell of a difference further down the line.

Edit .... it's not an er**ection ... if your spellchecker didn't pick it up ... just call it a stiffy ... much easier to spell ... :lol:

plod
13-07-2012, 06:43 PM
My eldest teenage boy, doesn't ask anything. We have always made it known that the door is open for him and are pretty open. Unfortunitly puberty hit him hard, he's been shaving for almost 4 years and he's not quite 15 yet. By the looks of it he's 3 years ahead of his mates. My youngest 13 is a different story, asks all the time hitch is good, but sometime at the mot inappropriate times, but I think that's hid ADHD coming out when he does that

ReefRunner
13-07-2012, 10:51 PM
At 14, I would have answered her honestly, as I did with my own daughter at that age. Chill is absolutely right on ... it's better to be up front and honest about questions of that nature ... gives them confidence that they can talk to you openly about anything and that can make one hell of a difference further down the line.

Edit .... it's not an er**ection ... if your spellchecker didn't pick it up ... just call it a stiffy ... much easier to spell ... :lol:

Oh, there is absolutely no doubt that the girls' questions were answered honestly and fully and without holding anything back as their questions always have been.

My wife and I have always encouraged our girls to use the correct words for body parts or conditions so stiffy, boner etc are not descriptions we would apply to an er*ction even if I did get the spelling wrong :lol: All five of us were horrified to hear the medical professionals on the program refer to "down there" instead of using the correct name.

Wonder what next week's episode will throw up.....

Bryan
14-07-2012, 07:33 AM
The program has been on before although I do not know if this is a re-run. Some of the subjects you are quite right about....."throw up".

Who would want to be a Doctor and especially go out of their way to find such grossness among the populus - all on National Health no doubt.

Richard
14-07-2012, 09:49 AM
just call it a stiffy ..

Gosh, I haven't heard it called that since primary school!

SP8's
14-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Just have to wonder whether "erection" is a banned word on the forum or whether ReefRunner isn't sure of the spelling ... using too many **** ... :D

pine-o-cleen
14-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I was flicking channels and got quite a shock when I changed to TV 1.....quickly changed the channel again!