PDA

View Full Version : black screen, help

happyg01
11-07-2012, 11:49 PM
can any1 help me I got a window 7 pc, it turned off and when I on it it took a long time to load, and when it did the screen is black all i can see is the mouse pointer, I tried on it in safe mode i got the same thing can any1 help me pls

Speedy Gonzales
11-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Try one of the fixes here (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-7-black-screen-with-mouse-cursor-in-normal/9fea95dc-7dd6-415e-bbc2-7115311c196c). Or here (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproperf/thread/32c310fe-1000-4af1-ad47-ea069a5f6e5a/)

From the second link, does this apply to you??

I had the same problem in win7 ultimate 64. After several hours and unfruitful trials/recoveries/etc I realized that after rebooting, the black screen eventually was gone (~10min) and the win7 GUI was finally loaded.

Your solution totally worked. A hard disk that used to be present in the network via LAN has been physically changed to a different location. I removed it from my computer and 'voila', the black screen after login was gone.

happyg01
12-07-2012, 12:21 AM
When i went to bios there was a note saying something about hard disk raid is missing. i cant find it because i cant access the bios as it skips the option in the beging and goes straight to your computer has not turned off properply and safe option. Im missing my window 7 cd is there any way to fix it. I left it on for over an hr it does not start

Speedy Gonzales
12-07-2012, 08:39 AM
I would say, thats whats causing the black screen. You could try this (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253487-32-failed-hard-drive-raid)

1. Make sure the system is powered off.
2. Reconnect the missing hard drive.
3. Restart the system. The rebuild will occur automatically.
Failed Member
1. Make sure the system is powered off.
2. Replace the failed hard drive with a new one that is of equal or greater capacity.
3. Power on the system. During the system startup, the Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM user Interface will display the RAID 1 volume status as 'Rebuild'.
4. After the operating system is running, select the Intel Matrix Storage Console from the Start Menu or click the Intel Matrix Storage Manager tray icon.
5. From the View menu, select 'Advanced Mode' to display a detailed view of the Intel Matrix Storage Console.
6. Click on the RAID 1 volume in the device pane. The status in the information pane will display 'Rebuilding % complete'. After the rebuild is complete, the status will display 'Normal'.

happyg01
12-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I unpluged and repluged the c drive hard drive it started up working fine takes a minutes to respond I got a message saying

device driver software was not successfully installed raid controller failed

raid controller Failed

Speedy Gonzales
12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Whats the brand / model of the motherboard? If it can get into windows, you can try reinstalling the RAID / SATA drivers through device manager

happyg01
12-07-2012, 01:35 PM
h61m-e33-b3,
intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU
When I restarted I got a message saying
"failed to connect to a window service
Window could not connect to the system event Notification Service service"

Speedy Gonzales
12-07-2012, 01:41 PM
So you can get into windows then? If you can Install teamviewer, run it (www.teamviewer.com). Then send the ID and password it gives you to me in a PM. I'll have a look

happyg01
12-07-2012, 01:43 PM
In device manager in storage controllers there VIA VT6421 raid controller there a yellow Exclamation mark - when lookng for update it say it up2date.
In other devices there a yellow Exclamation mark on pci simple and sm bus wen looking for a update it says it cannot find driver software for this device and raid controller is missing from here to

happyg01
12-07-2012, 01:49 PM
the pc is not connect 2 the web

gary67
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Do you have it set up with RAID? or are you using just a single HDD?

Speedy Gonzales
12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
In that case, I would go here (http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H61M-E33--B3-.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win7%2032). Then download the 1st, and the 4th download. (The chipset and the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver . Unzip both then install both). Then reboot. Or extract the files in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver download , select the x86 or x64 folder. Then go to device manager add the inf here (under the RAID controller entry). Install them, then reboot

happyg01
01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
thanks for all the help I just got it back from the pc shop turned out it was the hard ddrive that was failing and i just got that replaced