PDA

View Full Version : Water righs

Cicero
11-07-2012, 09:08 AM
A plus for Key here me thinks............

http://goo.gl/OYjTc

Speedy Gonzales
11-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Soon find out if he's not PM next time

Zippity
11-07-2012, 09:24 AM
The opposition will say anything if they think it will better their cause.

The rest of us see them as the &^%#wits that they are.

Cicero
11-07-2012, 09:28 AM
The opposition will say anything if they think it will better their cause.

The rest of us see them as the &^%#wits that they are.

The question is, water rights, are you in favour of them belong to them?

Iantech
11-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Been waiting for this one !! lol

Typical over reaction from Maori. Key just told the truth, its not insulting and he shouldnt apologise. The cry babies need to grow a pair.

Although now they are saying they want 100% of state assets (http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/110303/iwi-wants-full-maori-ownership-of-state-assets).

Auckland iwi Ngati Te Ata made its submission on Tuesday, proposing that 51% of shares in hydro-electric generators - which the Crown plans to retain - should go to Maori with customary rights to rivers in their regions.

It says the other 49% should go to all tangata whenua (people of the land) throughout New Zealand.

Maori leaders are getting more delusional every day.

Cicero
11-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Like all babies, they will get away with anything they can.

And our masters let them.

Zippity
11-07-2012, 09:54 AM

Sorry, that wasn't in your OP.

Of course I am not in favour of them getting water rates.

Again, a load of BS being fed by the useless media here in NZ :(

Gobe1
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
This is screwed up, most of our water comes from Australia, South or tropics depending on El nino or La nina.

EDIT: Read im not in favour of it

Nick G
11-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm not in favour. The f***ing Maori are talking more BS.

prefect
11-07-2012, 11:24 AM
No

B.M.
11-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Well I suggest we should cut off their Air Supply before they claim that too and that in turn will remedy the water problem. ;)

Zippity
11-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Don't forget the radio waves,

And the sun's rays :)

Nick G
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Well I suggest we should cut off their Air Supply before they claim that too and that in turn will remedy the water problem. ;)
And we could lift the ban on grey matter, and start giving the some :)

B.M.
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM

And the sun's rays :)

Ahhh, the Package Deal eh. :D

B.M.
11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
And we could lift the ban on grey matter, and start giving the some :)

Unfortunately that is not an option owing to supply shortages. :(

Cicero
11-07-2012, 12:25 PM
You have to laugh at their attitude to this question, the sheer pig ignoranceis appalling.

B.M.
11-07-2012, 12:28 PM
You have to laugh at their attitude to this question, the sheer pig ignoranceis appalling.

Jeeeeeez Cicero, you can't start an argument like that. :D

paulw
11-07-2012, 12:37 PM
:)

They already go that. Remember they got a bucket of spectrum during the 3G auctions and they also have shares in 2Degrees.

Nick G
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Unfortunately that is not an option owing to supply shortages. :(
Did Apple claim it infringed a patent? :lol:

Zippity
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
They already go that. Remember they got a bucket of spectrum during the 3G auctions and they also have shares in 2Degrees.

Yes, I was aware of that.

SolMiester
11-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Been waiting for this one !! lol

Typical over reaction from Maori. Key just told the truth, its not insulting and he shouldnt apologise. The cry babies need to grow a pair.

Although now they are saying they want 100% of state assets (http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/110303/iwi-wants-full-maori-ownership-of-state-assets).

Maori leaders are getting more delusional every day.

I agree with this 100%, Maori are all about themselves, with every new importunity we get, the Maori put their hand out for something, never mind NZ is trying to get back on its feet. From Education to additional rights over every other race in this country for everything else...

Unless a Govt finally puts a foot down and says that it, they will continue to do so, to the detriment of race relations.

SolMiester
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Seriously?

Agent_24
11-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Why should they sell them? It seems a bad idea.

Get some quick money and then? The future profits go to overseas investors afterwards?

How clever, I don't see how that is supposed to help NZ get out of debt or whatever.

Iantech
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
I agree, selling assets is considered "the last gasp of a business before it declares bankruptcy". I really hope thats not the case or else we are really going to start paying for it. The Govt has been to soft for to long and instead of getting the pennies through taxes etc and controlled spending, has just sold another few assets to carry them through. Maybe they need to get the Telecom fella to replace English, at least he knows how to make money.

gary67
11-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately too many numb nuts didn't read the small print when voting Key in, those who did voted against, some just chose apathy and voted him in by proxy by not voting at all. The only downside was the opposition was even worse but a vote against Key was still a vote against asset sales

Zippity
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
You are right. The "numb nuts" voted Green :) :) :)

Cicero
11-07-2012, 03:44 PM
So you are in debt up to your eye balls, if I had assets I would sell some to get on my feet again.

What would you lot do. Go bankrupt.?

johcar
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM

And true to form, their investment is losing money, hand over fist: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/financial-results/7186286/Significant-loss-for-2degrees

gary67
11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
So you are in debt up to your eye balls, if I had assets I would sell some to get on my feet again.

What would you lot do. Go bankrupt.?

Nope just pointing out those who seem to be shouting loudest against are those who voted for it in the first place

Cicero
11-07-2012, 04:08 PM
And true to form, their investment is losing money, hand over fist: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/financial-results/7186286/Significant-loss-for-2degrees

If you can arrange to gamble with others money, that is the way to go.

BBCmicro
11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
I was at a select committee hearing when Dr Ranginui Walker rose to speak and pointed out that the Treaty was a partnership between Maori and the Crown. When the Crown is considering an action, it must involve Maori as a partner. If it takes action without involving Maori, is that behaving as a partner?

I can tell you, there were some uncomfortable shuffles among the politicians

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the present case over water rights, it would seem clear-cut wrong not even to hear the Maori side of the story. That is not the right way to treat a partner

kenj
11-07-2012, 05:11 PM
...and if there is a flood, can we sue the moaris 'cause their water has done a few $zillion of damage???

Ken :D

Iantech
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM

What would you lot do. Go bankrupt.?When you are that much in debt, selling assets is only a temporary reprieve if you do not take other messures to curb spending. And curbing spending and turning things around is not something the Govt seems to be able to do. Govt spending has nearly doubled in the last 5 years. This country now needs a big cash injection and thats not going to happen through asset sales, its just not enough. The Crown borrowed 90.2 billion according to 2011 financial statement for that year, how long can it keep that up. Without any sort of spending reduction, it will only take a short period of time before it all comes down around your ears and we will be stuffed in a few years.

Agent_24
11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
When you are that much in debt, selling assets is only a temporary reprieve if you do not take other messures to curb spending. And curbing spending and turning things around is not something the Govt seems to be able to do. Govt spending has nearly doubled in the last 5 years. This country now needs a big cash injection and thats not going to happen through asset sales, its just not enough. The Crown borrowed 90.2 billion according to 2011 financial statement for that year, how long can it keep that up. Without any sort of spending reduction, it will only take a short period of time before it all comes down around your ears and we will be stuffed in a few years.

Exactly, selling off things that give you income doesn't make sense. Unless you want to keep the money for your self and laugh and run away.

B.M.
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Well weíve already seen first hand the wisdom of selling assets because with Roger Douglas running things for Labour we sold I think it was $8 Billion worth which helped get us where we are today.

Great.

Selling assets is the same as an individual stopping work and selling his tools of trade and therefore having no income whilst having bills like loans and mortgages to pay.

And letís face it, nobody is going to be interested in buying a business (Asset) unless they believe they can recoup their outgoing and show a decent profit in a reasonable time.

Personally, I think that the hole that successive governments have dug for us is too deep to get out of. :2cents:

Cicero
11-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Exactly, selling off things that give you income doesn't make sense. Unless you want to keep the money for your self and laugh and run away.
Perhaps you could us what you would do when for what ever reason you find your self up to the ears, but with assets, seems to me you are not left with options.

R2x1
11-07-2012, 10:53 PM
This water they have rights to, isn't that the same stuff that has drowned a few people? Let's first get the compo for that sorted out, have all their creeks and foreshores fenced, get the taniwhas vaccinated, neutered and registered, and then we'll start haggling again. Either that, or something else.

Iantech
11-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Perhaps you could us what you would do when for what ever reason you find your self up to the ears, but with assets, seems to me you are not left with options.Knuckle down, stop unnecessary spending.

Start putting NZ first: ie

1. Suspend handouts to Pacific Islands and educate them on pulling their own weight (or suck off someone else).
2. Suspend handouts to other forign countries and IMF (The Govt spent $586 million 2010/11 year and is scheduled to increase over time to $620 million in 2014/15). - Good money we could be spending at home on some of the needy families here.
3. Scrap politician handouts for free or subsidised travel, accomodation and other benefits that no one else get (and they dont deserve)
4. Suspend handouts for Maori claims
5. Stop allowing 3rd world immigrants and immigrants without money into the country.
6. Open up the borders to immigrants who have money and are prepared to work!!!!!

Additional:
7. Re-invest in the country and increase assets (ones that are run properly and return a profit). It will also raise the net worth of Country (and will encourage investers)
8. Increase tax rates for the super rich (they can afford it)
9. Offer businesses export incentives (the more money coming in the better)
10. Tax the crap out of alcohol (consumption was 472 million litres last year) - raise prices by $1 per litre and there is close to 1/2 billion dollars in the bank (thats like $2.00 increase per six pack of cans?)

There are 10 things to start off with. You dont try and bust yourself by selling assets and paying some of your debt off overnight and be left with nothing, you claw it back slowly with every available penny. And there are tons of other ways as well such as cutting down on Govt internal spending which would save millions each year.

Note: My opinion only. (And I know the question wasnt directed at me - sorry)

Iantech
11-07-2012, 11:05 PM
This water they have rights to, isn't that the same stuff that has drowned a few people? Let's first get the compo for that sorted out, have all their creeks and foreshores fenced. And how do you think that will fly when you mention compensation for the last 200 years for non-maori drownings - adding late payment interest of course. At least a few 1000 deaths I would think. And as it has cost the Crown for police searches, dragging river beds, etc, there should be compenation there as well.

prefect
12-07-2012, 07:10 AM
They will almost certainly want to charge us White people for the air we breathe.

Cicero
12-07-2012, 07:57 AM
I think Ian that you have gone into the world of politics.
If you are in any group you will find they all have the answers, such as yours.
A classic case was the anti smacking business, they totaly ignored the will of the people, they would laugh in the face of your good suggestions.
So in the end, it seems we have to sit back, grin and bear it.

R2x1
12-07-2012, 08:37 AM
And how do you think that will fly when you mention compensation for the last 200 years for non-maori drownings - adding late payment interest of course. At least a few 1000 deaths I would think. And as it has cost the Crown for police searches, dragging river beds, etc, there should be compenation there as well.

That's the only ones I was concerned about. We already fund an enormous organisation of professional bludgers banging the other side's drums.

BBCmicro
12-07-2012, 09:30 AM
.. country now needs a big cash injection

The world needs a big cash injection

The trouble is, there's no mechanism to do it. The traditional mechanism was to lend money to rich people (because they can repay it). Unfortunately, the rich no longer invest in activities that employ people. Instead they use the cheap money to buy assets and push up the price of houses. Or they keep it in the bank where it gets lent to governments. Either way, it doesn't fliter down to ordinary people

Gobe1
12-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Actually BBC there is a mechanism, its called printing more, but we all know how that turns out... ;)

Cicero
12-07-2012, 11:32 AM
No

And that dear boy is the correct answer, medal in post.

prefect
12-07-2012, 11:35 AM
And that dear boy is the correct answer, medal in post.
It will go with my DCM.

mikebartnz
12-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Personally, I think that the hole that successive governments have dug for us is too deep to get out of. :2cents:
It has been that way since the late eighties. With most of the family silver gone and the dividends heading overseas a Lincoln college professor said there is no way we can ever get out of debt.

notechyet
13-07-2012, 05:49 AM
....Selling assets is the same as an individual stopping work and selling his tools of trade and therefore having no income whilst having bills like loans and mortgages to pay.
And letís face it, nobody is going to be interested in buying a business (Asset) unless they believe they can recoup their outgoing and show a decent profit in a reasonable time.
And can anyone of you remember Telecom. After it was sold hundreds of people got send home, the telephone exchanges got choked as Telecom was not any longer interested in expanding capacity.
The result was between 200-800 million after tax profit per year which was nice profit for a few big investors. We are investing a billion to upgrade the network right now. Seems a fair deal, isn't it? There are more samples like this waiting to happen right now. And we would love to pay for the water we drink while tramping or while at home on the own water scheme.
Vote for National if you want to pay twice!:D

B.M.
13-07-2012, 07:33 AM
It has been that way since the late eighties. With most of the family silver gone and the dividends heading overseas a Lincoln college professor said there is no way we can ever get out of debt.

True, and I believe the rot can be tracked right back to Muldoon.

Having said that, the real problem is Treasury and their weird and wonderful financial theories that have dropped so many countries right in it. They're the ones who have been there regardless of Goverment and are as much to blame as anyone for our present predicament.

mikebartnz
16-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Having said that, the real problem is Treasury and their weird and wonderful financial theories that have dropped so many countries right in it. They're the ones who have been there regardless of Goverment and are as much to blame as anyone for our present predicament.
They have probably all gone to the same university and been taught by the same professor and that is why piggy disliked them. Not an original idea amongst them and they have never lived in the real world.

B.M.
16-07-2012, 03:46 PM
They have probably all gone to the same university and been taught by the same professor and that is why piggy disliked them. Not an original idea amongst them and they have never lived in the real world.

Thatís dead right.

And isnít it strange how so many of these lecturerís and professorís seem to have very little themselves?

In fact, many of the wealthiest people in this country, or on earth for that matter, never made it through university. In fact, a few I can think of never got their foot in the door. :D

Makes me wonder if Mr Patal in the corner dairy might be a better option if seeking financial advice. ;)

SP8's
16-07-2012, 04:02 PM
.... just a rumour ... but I heard that Ngati Whaka Pakeha have just laid claim to the "Boson Higgs" GOD particle and there will be a Hikoi leaving for Switzerland from the Beehive at 3pm tomorrow. Waka are departing from the ferry terminal at 4.30pm SHARP ... attendance is compulsory for all non Pakeha .... :D

And if anyone takes offence ... just Google "Pakeha Jokes"