PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Beth Powell

mzee
09-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I am looking for a Beth Powell who came to New Zealand with her daughter and son in law.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ofthesea
09-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Even tho you're in completely the wrong forum you would have more chance of a good response if you gave the arrival date and names of daughter/son in law and when they were born etc.
Is this genealogy or are you from IRD?

Bobh
09-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Phone book or Electoral roll maybe.

mzee
09-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Even tho you're in completely the wrong forum you would have more chance of a good response if you gave the arrival date and names of daughter/son in law and when they were born etc.
Is this genealogy or are you from IRD?
I have no other details except that Beth Powell is in her late sixties and is European. I am looking on behalf of someone who is trying to find his parents. I will look on the genealogy sites.

Trev
10-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Tried Google.
https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=beth+powell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
:)

Billy T
10-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I am looking on behalf of someone who is trying to find his parents.

Has he obtained his birth certificate? Also, if he was adopted out there would probably be records of that. People often do not not realise how important minor details can be, so if he knows his mother's name (maiden or married?), maybe he knows more than he thinks. It would be unusual to have no other hearsay or apocryphal information.

Was he was born in NZ? If so there is every chance that more information may be found, his birth certificate should name his father as well, unless listed as 'unknown'. If he is still young then any records will be even easier to trace. You could search the iGovt site (births deaths and marriages) or FindaKiwi.

There are four Elizabeth Powells in the right general age-range on the latter site, which is part of the Old Friends site (TradeMe empire) and some give their married and maiden names.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

mzee
12-07-2012, 07:31 PM
We have birth certificates, adoption papers. the lot. But no lead to where she is now. She may have remarried which would make it even more difficult.

Lurking
12-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I have no other details except that Beth Powell is in her late sixties and is European. I am looking on behalf of someone who is trying to find his parents.

Get someone to go to the Salvation Army, who do searches for immediate families.

Lurking.

ktee
12-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Try the genealogy threads on trademe some of the people on there seem to have access to lots of information.
That includes for people still alive.