PDA

View Full Version : changing notifications in Win7 pro

kiwibits
09-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi all
i'm using win 7 pro and everytime i use mailwasher it asks me do i want to alowe it or not. It's getting old
How do i change one specific program to stop notifying me everytimne i use it? I don't want to stop all notifications just on specific programs

Ta

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Dont think you can. Disable UAC altogether. Its annoying

kiwibits
09-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks speedy, i don't realy want to disable it altogether but will if i have to

inphinity
09-07-2012, 02:11 PM
If your account is an administrator account, the only workaround without turning UAC off (though why you'd want it on for a home PC is beyond me) is to create a scheduled task for the app you want to launch, have the scheduled task set to launch with elevated privileges, and make a shortcut to the task to use to run the program.

wainuitech
09-07-2012, 04:15 PM
My mailwasher never asks for permission, BUT I did manage to get it so it would, then quickly reversed it lol.

Right click on the Mailwasher Shortcut, properties / Advanced - where it says Run as administrator, make sure its unticked, if its not ticked then try ticking it.

Also tried it on several other program shortcuts, as soon as the "run as administrator" was ticked UAC asked for permission.

kiwibits
12-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the help, i ended up just turning it off