PDA

View Full Version : Change internet plans

nedkelly
08-07-2012, 08:26 PM
So I am currently on the Xnet Clothed ADSL2 plan with pay per gb, I have found that now my downloading habits have changed I need more data.
I was looking at the unlimited plan from Slingshot but caught myself and thought what am I doing?
I am now thinking about going with Snap but are you able to keep your existing phone or are you forced to join Snap with phone?
And is there anyone in Auckland that uses them and can tell me what the speeds are like?

nedkelly
08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Just in-case Chilling looks in: How is the VDSL that you are getting from Hosting Direct? Still awesome?

pctek
09-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Snap has naked broadband, it would be a far better choice than Slingshit.

Chilling_Silence
09-07-2012, 08:58 AM
I'd never go with Slingshots unlimited plan. Even their pay-per-GB plans are suffering since the start of the year...

VDSL2 is great, but I couldn't justify the additional cost when the wifey wants to save for us to go to America, so I'm with Orcon on their naked Genius 200GB for $99 plan. Given the chance, I'd switch back to HD's VDSL2 though in a flash!

The additional download was a "nice to have" and the upload speed was *great*! Made a massive difference whenever I'd send anything, like an email attachment, instant-upload of videos to G+, stuff like that :)

nedkelly
09-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah I cant go naked, parents pay for the phone I pay internet.
So would snaps adsl2 be good?
Or can you get VDSL2 without having to disconnect your phoneline?

Chilling_Silence
09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah you don't have to have naked VDSL2, you can have clothed just fine?

nedkelly
09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
So yeah been talking to Snap and they said I would need to get a VDSL Master splitter installed, anyone have an idea about the price for that?

Chilling_Silence
10-07-2012, 01:19 PM
You can DIY? Splitter cost ~$50 IIRC from Computer Dynamics