PDA

View Full Version : V8 haters told: put brakes on

Trev
08-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Here. (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10818090)
:)

mzee
09-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I object to the rates/tax payers having to invest in something which they will not get a dividend from. Don't tell me that Joe tax payer will get a rebate if the races do well. Besides which it will cause noise and pollution. What is so good about identical cars going round in circles consuming vast quantity's of fossil fuel? Its obsolete. Better to sit near the motorway, more variety and probably more accidents.

plod
09-07-2012, 08:25 PM
I object to the rates/tax payers having to invest in something which they will not get a dividend from. Don't tell me that Joe tax payer will get a rebate if the races do well. Besides which it will cause noise and pollution. What is so good about identical cars going round in circles consuming vast quantity's of fossil fuel? Its obsolete. Better to sit near the motorway, more variety and probably more accidents.The V8s are running a 85% ethanol fuel mix so there goes your fossil fuel argument.

mzee
09-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Make it 100% and fit mufflers!

R2x1
09-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Is that free-range organic ethanol?

mzee
09-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Yep-- Free range organic ethanol.

paulw
10-07-2012, 10:13 AM
What pees me off is that the AK Council going into this with out knowing what they are getting into.. "Commercially confidence" the organizers say..

pctek
10-07-2012, 02:54 PM
What is so good about identical cars going round in circles . Better to sit near the motorway, more variety and probably more accidents.

+1
:D

Trev
10-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Won't be next year.

SurferJoe46
11-07-2012, 07:02 AM
There are 'E-Races' here too, and frankly it's kinda nice to take the vehicle out of the computation and let the racing skill fall onto the back of the drivers.

There's a race (still? I dunnow) with identical Camaros - IROC I think - and it's telling who is the better driver if all the cars are identical and are drawn by lots from a pool as to which car - the red one - the blue one - the yellow one, etc., that the driver gets to run.

Since my B/G dragster driving days are long gone, I'm outta the loop for reasons that make sense to me. But I'm all for it.

Gobe1
11-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Its not just the driver it is the whole team who is responsible for getting the car across the finish line, everyone in the team has a part in the success or failure of the race.

Originally Posted by mzee View Post
What is so good about identical cars going round in circles . Better to sit near the motorway, more variety and probably more accidents.

I disagree, i think a close race is a good race, even when you have cars that are identical (ie V8 supercars) you will still find 1 team dominates above everyone else, like Vodafone, but they have had their day as it is Stonebros racing who are dominating now.

Trev
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
As SJ pointed it out. Having identical cars puts the skills on the driver not the car.

Nick G
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I think I'll weigh in on this one. I like motor racing, I think its great to watch. But, the Auckland city council will make a loss on it. In tough economic times, they shouldn't pay for them, for that one reason.