PDA

View Full Version : EA And Origin

jxer4567
07-07-2012, 03:24 PM
so i have a origin account and i wanted to activate my crysis game on origin since you cannot you must go to a seperate page (https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do) and so crysis activated and i created a EA classic screen name like it asked me to so i look round and see that it has activated but not shown up in origin, do i need to install the game from my physical copy as well?, i have opened and closed origin like the website says to heres the forum i read as well http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/6441878.page

Agent_24
07-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I assume you would need to install it if you wanted to play it.

jxer4567
07-07-2012, 06:13 PM
But when i activated crysis2 in origin i downloaded it

Trev
07-07-2012, 06:26 PM
This all sounds gibberish too me. I have Crysis 2 and don't remember going through all that. I remember entering a code apoun installation and thats about all I had too do. I think the first time I played it I might of had to activate it by pushing the activate button then after a few seconds a message came up saying activation successful.
:)

Agent_24
07-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Well you probably didn't try to use it on Origin. Not sure why anyone would want to, really.

Trev
07-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Mine is a non Origin version. I downloaded it from Gamesplanet.com

jxer4567
07-07-2012, 06:46 PM
I got physical copyfrom dicksmith electronics crysis2 and activated it on origin to see if it worked also it syncs saves to cloud if you use origin but i aded nonsteam shortcut of crysis after i downloaded it cause the i instaled it on has no dvd drive

Slankydudl
08-07-2012, 09:38 AM
You must install the box copy... And you should at all times avoid origin because it sucks. If you buy it from origin then it will download but if it is a box copy you have to install it from the CD.

Trev
08-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I got physical copyfrom dicksmith electronics crysis2 and activated it on origin to see if it worked also it syncs saves to cloud if you use origin but i aded nonsteam shortcut of crysis after i downloaded it cause the i instaled it on has no dvd drive

Then you are stuck then if the computer has no DVD drive. You have to install it off the DVD first. Another option is to buy it again over the internet and download to the computer.