PDA

View Full Version : Box o crap - free parts to a good home

The Error Guy
06-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Plod's box o crap + more is ready to move on, at this stage I'm cleaning out most of my own stuff before adding plod's to the rest so i'll list more when available. To maintain quality any clear junk or rubbish will be binned so unless i'm mistaken everything here should work. All is free to a good home, if you know people in need, take it. Everything here is in wellington but I can get it out to the wairarapa/hutt/kapiti and potentially Hawkes bay when I head up on wednesday but I prefer pickups if possible.

Cheers and happy scavenging!

Assorted IDE Cables
PS/2 Keyboard
IDE HDD's (more coming)
8.4GB Seagate IDE
Optical Drives (more of these too!)
Philips CD/DVD ROM (Eject mechanism faulty?) IDE
Sony CD/R/RW IDE
Diamond Data CD ROM IDE
2x 10/100 ethernet PCI adapters Linksys and one unknown
2 PCI soundcards with Game ports
nVidia Vanta LT Graphics Card

AMD Duron (2GHz) and Heatsink
Pentium III + heatsink (no fan)

+ More coming stay tuned!

If you want something leave a reply here so I don't get several PM's asking for the same part, not that I anticipate such an amazing reaction :p just in case though

Nick G
06-07-2012, 05:50 PM
well, I would have asked for the duron, but the mobo I'd use it on would be incompatible.

The Error Guy
06-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Got a mobo for it if you want that.

Chilling_Silence
06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
I'd be keen for the soundcard to throw into my brothers old XP machine, the onboard sound died....

Myth
06-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Im always looking for PCI ethernet cards

Any of the optical drives have black frontages (prefer CD-RW or better)?

I dont mind paying post if you're willing to send

Nick G
06-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Got a mobo for it if you want that.
Nah, it'll be cool. Now, if you've got a psu going?

The Error Guy
06-07-2012, 07:24 PM
512mb DDR2 RAM x2
1GB PC800 RAM
256 DDR RAM
2x 256 PC2-4200U RAM
Various PC133 RAM modules

40GB IBM Deskstar from an apple IDE
10GB Seagate U Series 5 IDE x2
60GB Seagate U series 7 IDE
30GB Maxtor IDE

Flight Simulator 2004

Soundblaster LIVE sound card

An Excellent condition Presario V6000 - Minus HDD/RAM? not sure on that - only bad thing is a busted mobo. Other than that I believe screen etc works. Body is near perferct.

Iomega ZIP drive (USB external) and plenty of ZIP's

The Error Guy
06-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Yup I have black frontages! Chill wants a sound card and myth wants CD drives and Ethernet cards.

Still rounding up more stuff! crikey!

Nick G
06-07-2012, 07:27 PM
I might take you up on some RAM. When I get into our desktop I'll see what type would be most useful. Watch this space.

:thanks:

plod
06-07-2012, 07:42 PM
That really is
Box of crap :)

inphinity
06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
AMD Duron (2GHz) and Heatsink

Not to be picky, but I'm pretty sure they never released a Duron clocked at 2GHz, 1.8GHz was the fastest Duron released ;)

The Error Guy
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Yup, the box never got any better since plod left it to me! Re: That duron, hmmm must have another AMD around here somewhere unless it was overclocked. BIOS always reported it as AMD something 2000mHz

The Error Guy
06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Nah, it'll be cool. Now, if you've got a psu going?

Most likely do. Is wattage important?

Agent_24
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM
I dont mind paying post if you're willing to send

Same, I'd be interested in the hard drives myself.

Iantech
07-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Is that a socket A/socket 462 heatsink, does it have the fan with it as well and is it a runner? (only interested in the heatsink and fan to replace a noisy one on a clients security system).

Nick G
07-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Most likely do. Is wattage important?
Not really, the desktop I'd be putting it in has a pentium 4, no graphics card, a 320gb hdd, and 1gb of Ram (hopefullly being upgraded with some of the stuff on offer when I find out what Ram is required. So, most anything should work ;)

Myth
07-07-2012, 11:36 AM
What type of optical drives have you got with black frontages? CD-RW? DVD...?
Let me know what type and how many :)
I will definitely take the Linksys ethernet card, and likely the other one too if noone wants one

Greg
08-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Soundblaster LIVE sound card
I'd be grateful for the Soundblaster LIVE sound card. I'm in Taradale, Napier.

The Error Guy
08-07-2012, 06:04 PM
ok, Myth, I have 3x Ethernet apapters for you a DVD/CD R/RW in black and I have some vinyl paint if you want any cream ones blacked for you

Iantech - I'll check on that fan/heatsink

Chill - Sound

Nick - RAM

Agent - I have a swag of HDD's

Greg - Sound blaster

Anyone else? The rest is going to trash palace monday/tuesday

Thanks, and enjoy your new toys, once I have got this lot off to the recyclers I'll PM the people who wanted stuff to sort out what goes where and how. Or you could be nice and easy on my brain and send me those details first.

Cheers.

plod
08-07-2012, 06:31 PM
ok, Myth, I have 3x Ethernet apapters for you a DVD/CD R/RW in black and I have some vinyl paint if you want any cream ones blacked for you

Iantech - I'll check on that fan/heatsink

Chill - Sound

Nick - RAM

Agent - I have a swag of HDD's

Greg - Sound blaster

Anyone else? The rest is going to trash palace monday/tuesday

Thanks, and enjoy your new toys, once I have got this lot off to the recyclers I'll PM the people who wanted stuff to sort out what goes where and how. Or you could be nice and easy on my brain and send me those details first.

Cheers.A smart man would offload it to one person. Take all or nothing

The Error Guy
08-07-2012, 07:02 PM
A smart man would offload it to one person. Take all or nothing

I am a novice.

No one is taking all I can almost guarantee that, there is a ton of crap. Most of it has all ready gone into a trailer :) If I was doing an all or nothing it would be nothing and all ready be gone to trash palace, just thought I could benefit a few people with some extra bits they needed.

But yes, if I had fewer and more quality parts, an all or nothing would be smarter.