PDA

View Full Version : Brrrrrrrrr

KarameaDave
01-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I must say it's a bit chilly, around the the willy, what! :D
Quite a bit of snow on the tops here.

Quite unusual, global warming? cooling? normal variation?

Perhaps we will get the ice-age we were promised in the 70's after all :D

R2x1
01-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Lucas heaters at work.

mikebartnz
01-07-2012, 10:53 PM
It's looking very gloomy for the next ten days.

wainuitech
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
You kind of get that in winter ;)

KarameaDave
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Actually, check out Westport,
http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/westport
not bad, you could always have a holiday in Buller!

We could have some Beer! :drool

Bobh
01-07-2012, 11:48 PM
The frost has come early in Invercargill tonight. -3 degrees according to my backyard weather station at 10:23 pm. Forecast from Metservice is for an overnight frost of -6 degrees. Tomorrow is expected to be a sunny 7 degrees.

Rumour is that winter has come.

pcuser42
02-07-2012, 12:15 AM
It may have been cold last night but I was sweating under the blankets! (Having my girlfriend there too kept things warm. :p)

SurferJoe46
02-07-2012, 03:42 AM
And yet here in Rightsideup Land, it's blistering hot.

National ALL TIME records are being broken hourly. Here in Montana, in the city of Billings it was 106F - and that's unheard of!

So - taken on a face-anecdotal value --- Upsidedown Land is right to form as the adipose to Rightsideup Land with inverted thermal activities*.

*Youse guys is cold - we'suns is hot.

gary67
02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
T shirt and shorts weather all day here over the weekend, however hard frosts overnight

B.M.
02-07-2012, 09:00 AM
And yet here in Rightsideup Land, it's blistering hot.

National ALL TIME records are being broken hourly. Here in Montana, in the city of Billings it was 106F - and that's unheard of!

So - taken on a face-anecdotal value --- Upsidedown Land is right to form as the adipose to Rightsideup Land with inverted thermal activities*.

*Youse guys is cold - we'suns is hot.

Thats what happens when you meddle with the Atomic Clock and put it back a second. ;)

R2x1
02-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I believe the cold snap has been attributed to KarameaDave's organically brewed free-range beer roaming about and requiring extra low temperatures as it goes through the mandatory 6 hours bottle aging process.
Then again, it might just be a cold spell if the Wizard is away from home.

coldfront
02-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Just a little cold on reflection had a few more frosts than average over June and not exactly warm now in July! Yesterday morning at 730am trying to defrost a windscreen at -8c without the aid of solar radiation (aka sunrise) was a little bit of a challenge without the heater working. Sliding around the roads Tuesday/wednesday in the snow and now this cold!!! Cant even get the house warmed up properly, but then that is because certain members of the household continue to keep doors open not allowing the a room to heat up enough.

BBCmicro
02-07-2012, 11:45 AM
My memory of Karamea is Mrs Micro and I walking along the Karamea river bank in the blazing sun and coming across a country pub/event centre. Never was a beer so welcome :)

(My other memory was of the single 33 kV line that serves the area. The wires are often just below window level and I kept picturing vandals throwing a chain over it)

KarameaDave
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Beautiful clear frosty morning, caught the free range beers last night (Indian food night at a friends place YUM)
Weather warmer due to curry?
Doesn't beer thinking about... ;)