PDA

View Full Version : Compass ISP

Odysseus
01-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Does anyone have Compass as their ISP or have past experience with them? Would like to know whether they are any good for broadband.

Chilling_Silence
01-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Don't do it.... It's not worth the heartache!

CliveM
01-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Don't do it.... It's not worth the heartache!

+1. If it works they are fine if not you become invisible.

Odysseus
01-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Bugger. OK thanks will stay away from them and look for someone else with naked BB.

pctek
02-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Try Snap.

Chilling_Silence
02-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Snap, Orcon, HD ... Wouldn't go near Slingshot or Telstra though, just personally :)

zqwerty
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
I have had many hours of dealing with the Compass 'Helpdesk' over a number of days and they are bad, bad news, period.

If I was you I would have nothing to do with this badly run rip-off called Compass Communications.

It is an off-shoot of Vodaphone using overseas held-desk people with poor English, overly officious, stick to the rules types.

They cut off the phone and the Internet with no written warning and then refused to see why the person concerned, not me, was having trouble contacting them and that the Internet was needed urgently to complete work for a qualification that one of the children was completing, then started complaining that I had no authorization from the person concerned to get them back on line from my phone as the original phone obviously was not working.

Very frustrating, save yourself heart-ache and sign up somewhere else other than Compass Communications.

IanS
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I have been with Compass ISP, BB over phone line, for several years and have found them satisfactory. They have needed a bit of prodding to fix occasional faults but they are probably no worse than other ISPs. On the help line you are talking to people in Auckland although some of the accents are a bit hard to understand.

mikebartnz
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Snap, Orcon, HD ... Wouldn't go near Slingshot or Telstra though, just personally :)
I'm intrigued as to why you wouldn't go near Telstra. Admittedly I have never needed their help desk but apart from that have found them good.
Have just upgraded with them and now on full speed 40gb + phone + backyard for $80 a month and for 12 months it is not going to cost any more than I was previously paying for a 1gb plan at reduced speed. Will see what offers they have after the 12 months are up.

Chilling_Silence
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah just wait until you need their Helpdesk... Or, I should say, pray you never do! ;-)

Otherwise, they're decent, quality of their broadband etc is usually good... It's just the helpdesk has literally deterred me for life :p

Erayd
02-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Telstra's proxy is also one of the most evil items on the web. Pray that you never have a run-in with that most dastardly of "services".

mikebartnz
02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah just wait until you need their Helpdesk... Or, I should say, pray you never do! ;-)
:thumbs:3958

pctek
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm intrigued as to why you wouldn't go near Telstra. .
Until you move, or there is some other issue. Then you can spend the next 10 years of your life going round and round in circles, getting nowhere with their non-help.
Take a look at some old episodes of Close up for an example or two.

Also, they have this interesting policy when you finally quit, the then disconnect you but it's forbidden to disconnect billing until you actually ring and ask.
Or as happens more often, ring and complain.

Odysseus
03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Try Snap.

Thanks folks am going to go with Snap as have heard good things about them. Can't be bothered with getting the run around when problems pop up.