PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Chrome in XP



tuiruru
29-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I've been getting the "Aw Snap Jim" message in Chrome a lot.

One of the things to try is creating a new profile - instructions below.

What exactly do I type into the '%USERPROFILE%" section - the user's name is "Me"?

Thanks

Nick G
29-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Just type in %USERPROFILE%, don't replace it with 'Me' or anything. Also, don't be surprised if you get 'no result' to start with, I needed to type in almost the whole thing befor I got a result when I tried in win7

tuiruru
30-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Just type in %USERPROFILE%, don't replace it with 'Me' or anything. Also, don't be surprised if you get 'no result' to start with, I needed to type in almost the whole thing befor I got a result when I tried in win7

Thanks for that Nick - just what I wanted to know. I suspected that the situation was a potential time waster if I tried experimenting with all sorts of path configurations in the first bit - figured it would be quicker in the long run and look a bit of a dumbass by asking ;)