PDA

View Full Version : The mouse that is trying to speak to me.

Slankydudl
28-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Not to fear I am not going insane, however my mouse is making some rather odd noises. Noises that on their own are fine but not when they also go through your speakers. So basically i always use headphones and this affect is non existant one them, however when I have previously had my speakers on high and have now got nothin playing through them I hear faint, high pitched static whenever I move the mouse. This noise is coming from the speakers and I believe it is occuring when other things change or move on my screen. Anyone have the slightest of clues?

CliveM
28-06-2012, 09:02 AM
What mouse do you have?

gary67
28-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Are you sure it's not a rat? Try a pestrol plug in deterent

stratex5
28-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Are you sure it's not a rat? Try a pestrol plug in deterent

What? do you mean the R.A.T gaming mouse:)

lakewoodlady
28-06-2012, 10:30 AM
If it's a USB mouse, try a different USB port.

LL

Trev
28-06-2012, 10:39 AM
I had that on one of my computers once. It was very faint in the background and could only be heard when the volume was up fairly loud. I just ignored it. It didn't effect the running of the computer.
:)

Whenu
28-06-2012, 10:49 AM
My wireless mouse, when moved, puts out a bit of interference on the radio sometimes

Slankydudl
28-06-2012, 05:38 PM
No its a razor death adder. And it doesnt seem to matter what port it is pluged in to.

dugimodo
28-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Not to fear I am not going insane

Says you :P

Usually when you hear noise like this it's interference being picked up by the sound card due to poor earthing on a cable or because a line in or microphone type cable is too close to the cable for the device. Sometimes it's just poor signal to noise performance by the sound hardware. It can also be caused by having devices plugged into the PC that get power from the mains and are not at exactly the same earth potential, earth currents are the bane of clean audio.

I have a small amplifier that runs my PC speakers that can be mounted in a drive bay and powered from the PSU - if I do that I hear major digital interference all the time from all kinds of sources, plug it into it's own supplied dc plugpack and all the noise goes away.

Audio interference can be tricky to fix.

Slankydudl
28-06-2012, 09:33 PM
well that is interesting, thank you.

Agent_24
29-06-2012, 01:15 AM
What dugimodo said.

I have the same thing with my cheap mouse and my cheaper speakers.