PDA

View Full Version : Gmail email hacked

beetle
27-06-2012, 12:51 PM
My favourite email has been hacked......dont knw when or what did it, been months since i last checked anything on it.

but it no longer comes in to my in box.
ive tried recovering it, and i cant change anything to let me in as i dont know the answer to the security question............is this something savable or do i write it off?

its gmail, and google sends me a email saying gimmee your credit card details and we will fix it..............yeah right.

help please...........in unknown territory i want my namesake email back.........:(

beetle

wainuitech
27-06-2012, 12:58 PM
If someone has hacked into the account, then they will also have the options to change everything, security questions, passwords, alternative email address etc.

Write it off -- another good reason not to use web based emails as your main accounts. Trying to contact someone in goggle wont be an easy job.

mikebartnz
27-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I assume you are not getting emails in the inbox of your email program on your PC. Have you tried webmail.

pctek
27-06-2012, 04:23 PM
its gmail, and google sends me a email saying gimmee your credit card details and we will fix it..............yeah right.

Really? Are you sure that comes from Google?

Erayd
27-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Do you have access to whatever email address you set as your 'secondary' one? If so, you can reset the password that way (Google will email you a password recovery link with further instructions).

If you aren't able to get the account back using the above method, fill out the form here (https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/) and Google will sort it out for you.

wainuitech
27-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Do you have access to whatever email address you set as your 'secondary' one? Big problem with that - seen it before from hacked accounts, they go in and can change the secondary email as well.

Erayd
27-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Big problem with that - seen it before from hacked accounts, they go in and can change the secondary email as well.They can, but they don't always remember, and if I remember correctly Google also emails the secondary address when it's removed. It's worth a shot, 'cause if it works it's faster than filling out the form and getting Google to recover the account.

Ofthesea
27-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Are you dead sure its been hacked? Why I ask is you mention mail not appearing in your in box so are you forwarding mail via a Gmail filter, and leading on from there Gmail applied some updates in the last day or two that affected wild card filter settings.
I just had to build another filter for forwarding and everything was fine, perhaps that is the same for you?

beetle
27-06-2012, 09:03 PM
I havent been able to get into it for i dont know how long............. peach has been unwell so ive sorta put a lot of things in the too hard basket.......and just sorta noticed its not working......

The secondary email adress is no longer available to me.........

and its webmail that i was trying access........... i may have to flag it, ive had this email for yonks....... and now it just doesnt work...

sad

beetle

Erayd
01-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Any joy with the account recovery there Beetle?

beetle
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
well................................. its working.........???

Erayd
02-07-2012, 02:28 PM
well................................. its working.........???
Er... what? I don't quite understand you there...

beetle
02-07-2012, 03:13 PM
LOl well the email is up and running again, and turning up in my inbox..............

hence the response its working......... so maybe it was just a glitch? i had a email from telecom in the last week saying sorry for issues with emails.and wallah its going?

ive not been online to check the web page, just letting it go atm

maybe its just a beetle moment thing?
i have no idea........ im not going to look to deep into this one .........if it aint broke dont need to touch it sort of scenario comes to mind???

:p

beetle