PDA

View Full Version : monitor questions

Blackandblue
27-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Hey id like to ask a few questions about monitors

Do you see the same in game screen of a game regardless of the resolution. For example do you get any more view of the map and game on screen on a rts/dota game like League of legends with a 2560x1440 res vs a 1366x768?

if no, why is this as you can more real estate on the desktop and with word documents and internet browsing.

Why would it be worth to upgrade to a 27" from a 22" if it is only gonna but more demand on your ghx card/fps in games if you are not seeing more of the game. Only advantage would be word docs, internet etc?

Thanks.

pctek
27-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Resolution? Yes....although maybe depending on the rest of the PC, not as a nice a picture.
Widescreen versus normal though can affect it.

SolMiester
27-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey id like to ask a few questions about monitors

Do you see the same in game screen of a game regardless of the resolution. For example do you get any more view of the map and game on screen on a rts/dota game like League of legends with a 2560x1440 res vs a 1366x768?

if no, why is this as you can more real estate on the desktop and with word documents and internet browsing.

Why would it be worth to upgrade to a 27" from a 22" if it is only gonna but more demand on your ghx card/fps in games if you are not seeing more of the game. Only advantage would be word docs, internet etc?

Thanks.

YES

Blackandblue
27-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Im just confused cause of some of the answers in this thread http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/588011-do-you-see-more-games-higher-resolution.html

pctek
27-06-2012, 03:23 PM
It says the same thing.

Chilling_Silence
27-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Sorta. I know that DotA2 scales the map / on-screen stuff a bit so that you see less on a smaller resolution, but it's not directly proportional AFAIK.

I hate playing on my laptop coz I'm so used to the Full HD resolution on my desktop, really bugs me ...

autechre
28-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Depends on the game. Some of the newer RTS' like Starcraft II, you don't see more of the map the higher your resolution. You just get a more detailed view.

In a FPS, provided the monitor's aspect ratio is the same (16:9, 16:10 etc), you see the same thing - just more detailed.

nerd
28-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I thought you do get a bigger view as well. My friend had a really nice setup with like 4-6 monitors and I remember he could see a lot more stuff on the side of games on it.

http://www.wsgf.org/forum/7185/bars-between-screens-and-side-screen-distortion-please-read The 3 pictures at the bottom of that page show huge differences, it might have something to do with you computer as well as the sort of monitor you have.

EDIT: I meant bottom of the first post :) also, basically what autechre said.