PDA

View Full Version : Firefox lacks alt+click functionality now?

8ftmetalhaed
27-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Usually I have pages of images, where I simply click alt click their previews to download the target automatically. In the past couple of days, on both my laptop and desktop, it's gone. Alt click now does nothing. I figured it out after thinking I'd saved a page of images, f5'ed the desktop to make them pop up (sometimes they don't) only to have nothing show.

And yet, chrome does it fine.
Any ideas as to whether this is an intentional change or just a cock up by the developers?
It's kind of inconvenient saving about 40 images perhaps every day, if not more often, especially if using save target as, and/or multiple tabs, especially when firefox already has stability issues when saving 3 or more images at once.

That's another thing. Why? Chrome, I just click all the images, it downloads them neato presto. I scroll down the list, clicking as fast as I want. With firefox, not so much. It hangs for a few seconds if I click 3 or 4 images at once, and even then, while chrome doesn't miss a beat.

edit - although, chrome seems to fail about two or three images out of the batch. Not too hard to rectify that, but kind of annoying too. So neither is perfect.

Nick G
27-06-2012, 09:50 AM
alt - left click still works for me. What version of firefox are you using?

EDIT. Damn, doesn't work in opera or I could have suggested you dump firefox and chrome for it :D

8ftmetalhaed
27-06-2012, 12:39 PM
13.01, both on the laptop and desktop. And the alt click works on neither.

Nick G
27-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Well, I'm on 12.0. I'm updating now, I'll see if I still can

Nick G
27-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Solved it for you.

Go into about:config, and search 'browser.altclicksave'. There will only be one result, double left click on it. Alt click to save now works again.

8ftmetalhaed
27-06-2012, 03:49 PM
awesome, thanks. I found something mentioning a similar control from memory, but it wasn't particularly concrete.

Cheers.

Nick G
27-06-2012, 04:41 PM
awesome, thanks. I found something mentioning a similar control from memory, but it wasn't particularly concrete.

Cheers.

Not a problem, glad to help:cool: