PDA

View Full Version : Websites constantly loading on all browsers

--Wolf--
26-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Started with Firefox (my main browser, latest version) and have since tried IE and Chrome, same thing.

Basically as of the last week websites will just constantly load and not actually go through. Sometimes it'll work fine, other times I'll hit refresh and then the page will quickly pop up before actually refreshing and going back into that constant loading loop. Sometimes clicking a link will do absolutely nothing without clicking it a few more times.

Even if a page does load, sometimes the loading symbol (Spinning circle) will just stay there.

Have tried resetting FF and starting with no add ons etc before I tried other browsers so if it's not a browser problem, what could it be? ISP is Slingshot and have also tried multiple modem reboots.

pctek
26-06-2012, 02:20 PM
It's your ISP.
I had it with mine when I first moved here.
Eventually after loads of tests and sending them tracerts and so on, they did something (they didn't say what) and it hasn't happened again.

--Wolf--
26-06-2012, 02:22 PM
It's your ISP.
I had it with mine when I first moved here.
Eventually after loads of tests and sending them tracerts and so on, they did something (they didn't say what) and it hasn't happened again.

Thanks pctek

Will get onto Slingshot then, just need to muster up the patience for them to muck round.

adslgeek
26-06-2012, 08:52 PM
PCTek: Which ISP did you have that problem with?

It could be a DNS fault for the ISP example.

Wolf:
I would check your DNS settings as it may be in another ISP DNS server.

From memory (and it's been a while since I was on Helpdesk! And I have a feeling that the steps are butchered)

Start > Control Panel > Internet Options

Click on the right hand tab
Select TCP/IP > options

Take the tick out of specify DNS server.

Lawrence
27-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Sometimes have this happen on the Stuff website,I run Opera and ISP is Slingshot

Found a quick clean with C-Cleaner fixes it

stratex5
27-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Maby its the cache?

Chilling_Silence
27-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm with adslgeek, try your DNS settings first. Perhaps give OpenDNS ( 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220 )and Google DNS ( 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 ) a try before you go attacking your ISP? It's quick, easy, and you'll know real quick if it's DNS or not.

If not, then I'm with pctek, I've had to get my family to change from WxC back several years ago because of that issue. Change ISP, resolved instantly. We'd tested and in our case it wasn't DNS, though usually something like that is.

pctek
27-06-2012, 12:32 PM
PCTek: Which ISP did you have that problem with?
Xtra.

--Wolf--
27-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks guys,

Emailed Slingshot (before the other responses in this thread) and they said to try setting DNS to 202.180.64.10 and 202.180.64.11 and boom, problem solved. Easy as that.