PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Payments Gateway

Erayd
25-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm looking for a decent credit / debit card payment gateway that meets the following criteria - can anyone recommend one?
Multi-currency (USD/NZD required, AUD & Euro would be nice to have);
Good API - I really care about this, above pretty much every other point on this list;
Allows me to specify line items on the payment page;
Does not automatically add GST (most of my customers aren't NZ tax residents);
Integrates with Xero (as bank account fees);
Has low fees - a percentage would be preferable to a flat fee per transaction, unless that flat see is very low;
Allows me to choose when foreign currencies are converted into NZD;
Allows scheduled withdrawal of NZD balance into a NZ bank account;
Allows me to use my own branding on their pages
Most of the transactions going via this gateway will be between $5 and $15, and the majority will be in USD.

I'm aware that PayPal fills most of these criteria, and it's what I'm using at the moment, but I'd like to see what else is out there.

mikebartnz
25-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Googling bought up quite a few but it would be better to hear from someone who has experienced them.

Erayd
25-06-2012, 09:51 PM
...it would be better to hear from someone who has experienced them.That was why I posted here; I'm looking for a recommendation based on what others have used and found good. If I just wanted Google results I wouldn't have bothered, as I can do my own Googling :D.

R2x1
25-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Much better to go ogling. ;)

hueybot3000
27-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is useful because it's not an automated service that can integrate with a website but at work we use BNZ Creditline, from memory I think the service is about $50 a month (don't quote me on that though). Can process NZD and foreign currency and plays nicely with xero.

For automated payments through our webstore we just use paypal, costwise it seems to work out better if you have unpredictable sales volumn. eg most our sales come via phone or email with the occassional web store sale.

Erayd
27-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks for that HB - not quite what I'm after though (I need something I can integrate with a webservice).

I have no issue with paying a monthly subscription provided the overall cost is still reasonable.

wallarro
28-06-2012, 10:40 PM
You might want to post your question on Xero's forum - http://community.xero.com

Perhaps there are other Xero users who can help you there.

kahawai chaser
29-06-2012, 12:26 AM
There's Google App Engine, (https://developers.google.com/appengine/) which includes a free version, and web services/gateways I think can be integrated. For example Paypal Tool Kit.

Erayd
30-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Wallarro - good idea :).

There's Google App Engine, (https://developers.google.com/appengine/) which includes a free version, and web services/gateways I think can be integrated. For example Paypal Tool Kit.Thanks, but App Engine isn't a payment gateway - it's a hosting platform, and as such is completely irrelevant to the question.

I'm not after a hosting platform - I'm looking for something I can use to process credit card transactions that meets the criteria mentioned in my original post. Also as per my post, I'm explicitly looking for something that *isn't* PayPal.