PDA

View Full Version : rkill issues

Nick G
22-06-2012, 04:48 PM
So, I downloaded Rkill as I think it is a nice program to have. I go to install it, and Avast block it. I then go into avast and exclude rkill from being sandboxed. It still won't work, so I disable Avast completely. However, when I go to install it, I now get an error message, and it won't install. What could be doing this?

pheonix
22-06-2012, 09:13 PM
rkill is a "standalone" program so doesn't install. It is used only to stop computer processes that exhibit a certain behaviour. This then allows the cleaning program such as SuperAntispyware to actually run.
Avast will see rkill as a program that behaves like some Spyware but really doesn't matter as you only run rkill when you have an infection.

Nick G
23-06-2012, 12:32 PM
rkill is a "standalone" program so doesn't install. It is used only to stop computer processes that exhibit a certain behaviour. This then allows the cleaning program such as SuperAntispyware to actually run.
Avast will see rkill as a program that behaves like some Spyware but really doesn't matter as you only run rkill when you have an infection.

Ok, thanks for that. I guess that was why it wouldn't install then - no installation required.