PDA

View Full Version : Repair/Replacement parts for i9100

The Error Guy
19-06-2012, 05:22 PM
It's happened, managed to break my SII screen, not the gorilla glass but the SAMOLED screen itself.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any parts suppliers or repair centres in NZ who replace these? Screens on Ebay range from 200 NZ to about 400. I have emailed samsung and i'll see what they charge for their in house repairs. I even asked if they would send me the part to replace myself (if they do they are legends!) but I doubt they will.

I'm happy to do a DIY so if anyone knows a decent (or cheap) supplier i'd be grateful... just the cost of these things is impressive. One good thing about apple, plenty of knock off/"OEM" parts for the masses of fruity fans to buy cheaply. You can get a decent iPhone LCD/Digitizer for under $100 (3GS and below) 4 series is a tad more pricey.

It's sad but hilarious that it has survived several concrete drops and one practical throw onto concrete unscathed (minus some chips in the bezel) yet a simple bounce off someone's shoe heel from my lap demolished it!

I'm pissed off a bit, but it's only a phone. Life goes on :crying

wainuitech
19-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Give these guys a call (http://www.systec.co.nz/index.php?route=product/category&path=55_67) - they may be able to get you the parts.

The Error Guy
19-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Cheers wainui, sent them an email. I'll see what they come back with.