PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Trend Micro

R.M.
11-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Someone in the camera club I belong to tells me that since she started using Trend Micro, when she tries to send photos (in .jpeg format) out, they are reported as sent by Outlook Express, but don't reach their destination.

This is causing annoyance and anguish as we send digital photos in for competition - and accusations are being made about the Club Secretaries being incompetent. This in one member's story. Others, have sent their entries to the wrong address....

Comments on Trend Micro would be appreciated. :)

wainuitech
11-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Not overly impressed with it, seen quite a few computers have problems that have trend, One of which you describe.

Is trend dumping off the attachments ( photos ) or are they getting de-attached somewhere else along the line ?

I'd suggest you tell your friend to try sending a few to herself- see if its dumping them. If it still is, then uninstall Trend and try again. If they then come through OK then its Trend, if not then its someplace else doing it.

One guy I know, that I used to work for,for years always sold Trend, and swore by it. Now he has dumped it and is selling Nod32, says its much better and doesn't give anywhere near the problems.

R.M.
12-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Thanks, Wainui. I have passed your comments on the 'offender'. :)

autechre
12-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Having only used Trend products on servers, the only thing I can say is "install something else" :)