PDA

View Full Version : .psd thumbnails with PS CS6

The Error Guy
06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Just started adapting to PS CS6, all is nice enough, a few annoying/useful changes do far... but one big problem has emerged for me. In this latest version the open/save file dialogue has been modified somewhat so that it no longer shows file previews. So all I see it a big wall of PSD's and no way to really tell what they are. This is deffy not good since my naming sequence is pretty haphazard.

They got rid of .psd thumbs in CS4 from memory. I have looked at several hacks/fixes but nothing seems to support x64 win7 so I was wondering if any of you had a suggestion. Preferably I'd like to avoid something like mystic thumbs but if that ends up as the last solution I'll put up with it.

It would be lovely to get native .psd thumb support.

On a random note, i'm not sure how/why but when I opened some window/dialogue a while back (maybe before I even had CS6 installed) a few .psd's started getting thumbnails. Hasn't happened since. Weird.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

fnphoto
06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
With PS6 use Bridge or mini Bridge .psd thumbnails are visible in that.

The Error Guy
06-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Looking for a more native solution that having to call another app then navigate. The bridge UI is more cluttered that the normal file explorer and you can't call bridge through ctrl + o or s/shift + s in PS (which is where the "issue" of not being able to see PSD thumbs is most frustrating.

I use Br for sorting large batches of psd's though

fnphoto
07-06-2012, 01:05 AM
The psicon.dll file that was included in versions prior to CS5 was removed by Adobe as it was causing too many problems. There are quite a few fixes for this but the most reliable fix seems to be to run the free Mystic Thumbs program from here (http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page40.html). Both 32 bit and 64bit versions are available.