PDA

View Full Version : Can I download Windows 7 UG in NZ?

camo
31-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I am trying to buy and download W7 upgrade from the MS website, but the US site won't accept a non-US address.

The MS NZ site doesn't seem to have any link to buy it directly.

Do I have to traipse into town to buy a copy?

Trev
31-05-2012, 09:43 PM
As far as I know, yes.
:)

feersumendjinn
31-05-2012, 11:32 PM

feersumendjinn
31-05-2012, 11:41 PM

feersumendjinn
31-05-2012, 11:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Anytime_Upgrade

Windows Anytime Upgrade Packs

To expand the limited availability and accessibility of Windows Anytime Upgrade, Microsoft has introduced Windows Anytime Upgrade Packs since May 2007 in North America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific countries.[4] These packs are available in retail as well as online stores.

Since February 2008, in some countries where it was previously possible to upgrade using a downloaded license and the original installation media, users attempting to purchase an upgrade via the Microsoft website are now informed that they can only receive the upgrade via a mailed Upgrade Pack.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-NZ/windows7/products/windows-anytime-upgrade

Trev
01-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Hi,

I am trying to buy and download W7 upgrade from the MS website, but the US site won't accept a non-US address.

The MS NZ site doesn't seem to have any link to buy it directly.

Do I have to traipse into town to buy a copy?

What are you trying to upgrade from ? XP, Vista or another version of Windows 7.

wainuitech
01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
You cant buy it in NZ online, only in shops directly.

From MS's site
•Online purchase is available only in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Trev
01-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I have a Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Pack here for sale for $100. Incudes both 32bit and 64bit disks. Reason for selling is my new computer has Windows 7 64bit already installed on it.