PDA

View Full Version : BSOD Need Help Understanding Stop Code

bellbird
29-05-2012, 04:17 PM
HP Pavilion Windows XP SP3.
Blue screen yesterday when resuming from hibernation. A problem has been detected, Windows has been shut down......... 2 options. Delete Restoration Data and Proceed to System Boot Menu or Continue with System Restart. No idea what to do so I selected 2nd option and got another blue screen. Selected 1st option and no blue screen, everything seems to be ok since. What does the following indicate and do I need to do anything. Stop 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x00300030,0xB2AE5AFC, 0xB2AE57F8) Thanks for any help.

stratex5
29-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Speedy and/or wainuitech is on the way...:)

Speedy Gonzales
29-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Is this an HP system / an AMD system? Was SP3 installed on it recently? This may or may not help

(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23751)

bellbird
29-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks Speedy. SP3 not installed recently. Not sure what AMD system means - I have an HP Pavilion PC

Speedy Gonzales
29-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Whats the model? Does the BSOD show a driver or file?

bellbird
29-05-2012, 04:47 PM
HP Pavilion 061 Model a1140a. Would the driver or file be in the Event Viewer, I don't remember seeing any info on the blue screen

I posted on the 24/5 about MS updates not installing. I selected custom install and hid them. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

Speedy Gonzales
29-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Is XP crashing when youre about to boot into windows?

Speedy Gonzales
29-05-2012, 05:24 PM
You didnt update from a previous version of windows to XP did you? It looks like you can get that stop error by doing this

bellbird
29-05-2012, 06:14 PM
No, haven't updated windows. XP only crashed on resuming from hibernation yesterday. Should I continue as is and come back if it blue screens again? Hopefully there isn't a serious problem looming.

Speedy Gonzales
29-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Ok,

I would install / then run bluescreenview. See what that says. (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview_setup.exe) <- direct link. Or get teamviewer (www.teamviewer.com)install, then run it (after you install bluescreenview). Then send the ID and password it gives you to me in a PM. And I can have a look from here

Speedy Gonzales
29-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Are you removing a USB device while its resuming from hibernation?

bellbird
30-05-2012, 05:48 PM
I installed/run bluescreenview but there was nothing for it to run and the c:\Windows\Minidump file is empty. Been trying to find out why and I'm wondering if I should have saved it because I can see in CCleaner that I have Memory Dumps checked and I always run CCleaner before turning computer off. Sorry, it's all new stuff for me, not much idea of what I'm doing. Haven't had another bluescreen episode. I've some a couple of errors in Event Viewer showing up together regularly, one about a boot start or system start driver/s failing to start Lbd, and the other about Cyberlink Rich Video Service failing to load. Should I start another thread some time about those? thanks.

Sorry, just saw your last post. No, not removing USB device.

Speedy Gonzales
30-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Thats why. ccleaner will remove the dmp files. If you run it. You'll have to wait for it to crash again. But dont run ccleaner. Cyberlink Rich Video Service I think belongs to Powerdvd. I think lbd belongs to ad-aware? Are both of these still installed?

bellbird
30-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks Speedy. Did a search on both. Empty ad-aware (lavasoft) folder in program files and folder in app data, vaguely remember installing/uninstalling ad-aware years ago. Empty Cyberlink program file folder and a couple of folders in app data. I have no recollection of installing Cyberlink Powerdvd, unless it came with a game download or something.

Speedy Gonzales
30-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Powerdvd may have come with a dvd rom drive or something (in a bundle). You could type services.msc under run. This wil bring up the services. Those services maybe there

bellbird
30-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I did install a new dvd drive in 2010 (with your help). Cyberlink is in services so I've disabled. Maybe it was something I missed installing originally?

Speedy Gonzales
30-05-2012, 07:47 PM
If you double click on the Cyberlink Rich Video Service you'll see (under the general tab, alongside service name, its service). If you want to delete the service (if the program isnt installed). Open a command prompt and type sc delete (the name that appears to the right of service name). Then reboot. Make sure you type the right service name in (after sc delete). Is the adaware service under service? IT maybe called lbd or something. Or I could have a look with teamviewer, if you like

bellbird
30-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Cyberlink deleted. Can't find the ad-aware on the services list. Team Viewer info in PM

Speedy Gonzales
30-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Ok. Looks like some game (J.u.l.i.a may have been the game), installed starforce and / or securom. Looks like starforce / and securom can cause this stop error 0x0000007e. So we uninstalled this game. Used the Norton and Mcafee removal tools. Since it looks like both were previously installed (it removed some files belonging to Mcafee). Lets see if it crashes now. The files from Mcafee may have caused the stop error too

bellbird
30-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Rebooted ok, resumed from hibernation ok. Thanks for all your time getting this sorted for me Speedy, you've been amazing as always.

Speedy Gonzales
30-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Sweet good to hear :)