PDA

View Full Version : eBooks readers - what works well for large pages\textbooks?

Agent_24
27-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I've been thinking about eBook readers and wondering if there are any that are suitable for large-paged books\graphics.

I can see something small with a 7" screen etc would be OK for a text-only novel or such, but horrible to useless for larger books, and especially books with graphics, like textbooks, comics, magazines etc.

Short of basically a Tablet PC\Convertible laptop, does anything have a large enough screen or good enough design to be sensible? It seems to me such devices probably don't exist.

There's also one thing I love about paper books - the ability to stick your fingers in and use them as bookmarks for very quick back-and-forth access between sections etc - I can't imagine e-Readers would be as easy to use in that respect - or are they?

gary67
27-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I read eBooks on my netbook and the odd magazine it's a pain but the subscription to my fav magazine is half price on digital compared to the paper edition. SWMBO reads magazines on the tablet and isn't convinced either text is fine but pictures take to long to load half the time even when pre downloaded.

Digital editions are just not as good as the paper equivalent especially when you get text and pictures together and to get them all on the same screen you would need better eyes than mine and mine are pretty damn good still