PDA

View Full Version : haha Symantec Support

FAB
22-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Ringing Symantec for support with Backup Exec.

I rang them over a month ago and got the same message on ringing..."there is currently a fire in our support centre" - that is one big as fire, been burning over a month!

inphinity
22-05-2012, 02:10 PM
They offer support? Who knew... ;)

fred_fish
22-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Maybe the call centre PC's all overheated and burst into flames under the load of running their own AV ... :)

FAB
23-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Maybe the call centre PC's all overheated and burst into flames under the load of running their own AV ... :)
Classic.

Alex B
23-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Personally I've found support for Symantec enterprise products to be top notch.

SolMiester
23-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Symantec BU Exec is a frustrating product when you have issues....Im still on 2010 SP3, but Live Update doesnt work, and NONE of the fixes work either....Just waiting on our new WAN\Domain rollout so I can rebuild the physical box to 2008 with 2012, however I dont hear many good things about that either....

As for support, have you ever heard of spiceworks?, its a free network, asset, monitoring tool that has discussion groups, one of which is Symantec, and by all accounts is well serviced!

FAB
23-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Symantec BU Exec is a frustrating product when you have issues....Im still on 2010 SP3, but Live Update doesnt work, and NONE of the fixes work either....Just waiting on our new WAN\Domain rollout so I can rebuild the physical box to 2008 with 2012, however I dont hear many good things about that either....

As for support, have you ever heard of spiceworks?, its a free network, asset, monitoring tool that has discussion groups, one of which is Symantec, and by all accounts is well serviced!
Yes BE frustrating at times, but still pretty good. It's one of those love/hate relationships for me. When you do get to support they are very good.
I use Spiceworks and have for some years, essential (free!) network app!
Just wish they'd do more development in the help tickets area, that would be a bonus for me.

24-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Symantec BU Exec is a frustrating product when you have issues....

Ah , like when trying to restore corrupt email database.

Yep, but whats the alternative.
Customers arnt happy when their are still bugs/poor design in their $1000+ backup software
And unfortunately, many companies wont pay to renew the Symantec Support option after it runs out.

ChazTheGeek
24-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Maybe the call centre PC's all overheated and burst into flames under the load of running their own AV ... .

Probably Compaq's...

SolMiester
25-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Ah , like when trying to restore corrupt email database.

Yep, but whats the alternative.
Customers arnt happy when their are still bugs/poor design in their $1000+ backup software
And unfortunately, many companies wont pay to renew the Symantec Support option after it runs out.

How about restoring the whole exchange database just for 1 mailbox, 1 message ..............LOL...Its no fun with a 50GB database

FAB
25-05-2012, 02:27 PM
How about restoring the whole exchange database just for 1 mailbox, 1 message ..............LOL...Its no fun with a 50GB database
I'm doing that right now!~ been 50 minutes to restore two Notes from Outlook....sigh. I've setup a HDD to backup to first then duplicate to tape, but this time needed from tape.
DB is 60gigs, still waiting...