PDA

View Full Version : I've offended the Gods this month.........and email, again...

Billy T
22-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi Team

Been diverted from my email problems a little by the unfortunate discovery that my newish UPS was not fast enough to protect against momentary outages. I found out the hard way when two successive incidents occurred one night and the computer rebooted both times. They were just a blink of the lights, but on the second occasion a RAID array was corrupted and went into auto-rebuild mode, which is all well and good, but it shouldn't have happened.

So, I did some research and bought a Dynamix 1000VA full-time on-line sinewave UPS from JAYCAR on runout special for $499 (it is branded Digitech but it is all Dynamix throughout) which turned out to have stuffed batteries from sitting on the shelf for too long. I took them out (3 x 12V 7AH SLA) and JAYCAR replaced them no problem (good company to buy from, their warranty policies are very good) and now I am back to the email issue.

Haven't had time yet to prune and compact my Outlook pst file (due to Mrs T's incessant demands, she plans ahead and continually blows my own schedule into the weeds. :D)

Anyway, this morning about 8 emails that I downloaded from Yahoo-Xtra went straight to their Trash (including a multiple message update for my Monday Laughs catalogue, so take this seriously folks).

I seem to have Orcon's spam habits under control now, and that was as simple as identifying the relevant senders as friends or whatever Orcon's nomenclature is, but I can't find the equivalent in Y/E. I think I can deal with mail identifed as spam OK, but I can't find a way to stop messages from going straight to Trash, and if I forward them to myself, sometimes they go straight back to Trash again.

There is one option that might help but I don't know what it does.

It is 'Clear flag (Shift-L)'.

Does anybody know what it is for? I don't want to make matters worse.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

inphinity
22-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Where do you see the Clear Flag option? Usually flagging is just to highlight specific messages (i.e. so you can flag messages to remember to go back and do something about). As far as I am aware, the only ways to have messages go to Trash directly with YahooXtra mail is if you have a filter setup, or have the sender blocked. So check your filters & blocked addresses. Also, under the POP settings, you can set it to download Spam, but prefixed with the word Spam.

Safari
22-05-2012, 02:26 PM
When you say downloaded, do you mean you downloaded them into Outlook or what.

Chilling_Silence
22-05-2012, 04:27 PM
I still say it's time to move you to Gapps ;)

CYaBro
22-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I still say it's time to move you to Gapps ;)

Agree :)

The free storage space is up to 10GB now!

plod
22-05-2012, 05:51 PM
I still say it's time to move you to Gapps ;)+1

Agree :)

The free storage space is up to 10GB now!+1