PDA

View Full Version : Clearing server network\logon from freeby

PPp
17-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I have been given an ex business computer which still has a network setup on it, is there any way to remove this? The only way I have found with Google needs an administrative password. Sorry missed ot OS.Windows XP Pro

stratex5
17-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Do you have the original os disk?

PPp
17-05-2012, 08:52 PM
No unfortunatly, mislayed.

wainuitech
17-05-2012, 09:04 PM
So its asking for the Admin password to do anything is this correct ??

Are you trying to remove the admin password ? If so its easy enough to remove - can supply instructions if this is what s required.

stratex5
17-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I think he needs admin rights

PPp
17-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I Googled this answer to removing the network logon "You have to take the computer OUT of the domain and put it into a workgroup. Right click my computer, goto properties, computer name, click on Change, select the workgroup radio button, type in a workgroup name and click ok. it will then ask you for the administrators password. Do you know it? After you type that in, click ok and reboot."
I have the network logon password.
Don't know much\anything about lans, or server setups, so any thing to reduce it a standard Desktop would be appreciated. I'll begiving it to my daughter

wainuitech
17-05-2012, 09:45 PM
If its asking for the admin password, and you dont know it, then you need to change that password.

One way is by using BartPE. http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

You have to make a bootable CD Because of MS Licensing BS, you have to make it on an existing XP installation as it requires a windows CD.

But once thats done is really simple: These instructions are for a Normal user account but it works on a Admin account as well:

Boot from the CD, once loaded ( may take a few minutes) as when navigating since it running from the CD

When the Network support pops up, click no.

Click on “Go” / Programs / A43 File Management Utility
Look for PasswdRenew.exe – Double click that.

On the window that opens – Bottom Right, Select Target – Navigate to C:/Windows click OK

On the Left, under select Task, click on Renew Existing user Password
In the drop down box, select your account, type in a new password, then on the left, click “install”

Once done a message will pop up saying password changed, close the window, click Go/Shutdown/Restart, remove the CD before it gets a chance to boot from it, then enter in the password you just created.

Once you have changed the Admin password, you can then use what ever it is with full control.

Edited: check your PM's ;)

PPp
19-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I'd just like to thank Wainuitech for his help, his solution worked, and the pc is now a "stand alone".

wainuitech
19-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Good its as you want it ;)

lakewoodlady
19-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I'd just like to thank Wainuitech for his help, his solution worked, and the pc is now a "stand alone".

We all love Wainuitech, on here. ;)

LL