PDA

View Full Version : Ext HDD Keeps ejecting itself in Win7

gum digger
17-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi
This has been happening for sometime now, but i have also recently reinstalled windows and it still happens.
This external drive is using gigabyte enclosure and i am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the drive and enclosure because it works fine in other machines with XP & Windows 7.

Things i have tried include:-
Using various combination of onboard usb ports.
Made sure all drivers are up to date, incl NEC USB 3.0
Tried connecting the drive via sata. this drive comes with a hot swap sata adapter and it works perfectly using this.

I could just ignore this problem and use the hot swap sata adapter but this happens to every 3 out of 5 drives i connect, could be flash or HDD.

What could it be?

Speedy Gonzales
17-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Did you install this? Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager? Or Intel Rapid Storage tech? Is the ext hdd in the right port?? Is it onboard or did you connect it to a bracket from a header?

gum digger
17-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Did you install this? Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager? Or Intel Rapid Storage tech? Is the ext hdd in the right port?? Is it onboard or did you connect it to a bracket from a header?
I have marvell 91xx installed. do we still need the others installed? i have tried onboard.

SolMiester
17-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Are you saying the drive ejects under esata or usb?....Intel storage manager doesnt have anything to do with usb

gum digger
18-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Are you saying the drive ejects under esata or usb?....Intel storage manager doesnt have anything to do with usb
ejects under usb. works fine under esata