PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic Diablo 3 release

veldthui
16-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Seeing as everyone hitting the servers at the same time there was always going to be issues. After 1 hour of continuously typing my password only to see the servers are busy I gave up. In all that time I got in once but could not create my character due to timeouts.

Really shoddy effort by blizzard:mad:

Slankydudl
16-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I dont know... This isnt exactly an uncommon event with such popular games.

Chilling_Silence
16-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah what, you didn't think it was going to be easy catering to *millions* and *millions* of people hammering their servers all at 7PM last night?

GameJunkie
16-05-2012, 09:45 AM
i cant see how you can complain really, if the game just released.

of course everyone is gonna try and play it at the same time

GameJunkie
16-05-2012, 09:45 AM
posted at 5am i see, must be pretty desperate to play it......

dugimodo
16-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I got on at just after 9PM and played for 3 hours. I see the servers were down this morning. Unfortunately these teething problems seem common with the launches of popular online games - a beta test just doesn't stress the servers like this.

Also I suspect it's not economical to supply the kind of bandwidth and server capacity needed to cater for everyone logging on at once when normally it would be spread out over a much greater time. If you equip for peak demand the capacity is wasted during normal operation.

For those of us who haved played WoW for a while blizzards launch day issues are no surprise, it always seems to happen.

veldthui
16-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Well supposedly thats what the beta tests for. They said they had stress tested their servers and they were fine. What they should have done is just turned the servers on and let people log in as they installed instead of making everyone wait until an exact time so everyone could DOS attack their servers.

Even now the server has been down for well over 2 hrs.

All I can say is that they made the bed and they should have had it ready to sleep in when they said they would.

Chilling_Silence
16-05-2012, 08:10 PM
veldthui, this wasn't you who recorded this, was it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

veldthui
17-05-2012, 03:03 PM
veldthui, this wasn't you who recorded this, was it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

Not me. Not quite to that stage yet but getting close. Servers down again at present.

Chilling_Silence
17-05-2012, 04:18 PM
...are you sure? ;-)

icow
17-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Diablo III got some serious hate from the community on metacritic. 3.5/10 lmao