PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Addresses

Swampy
13-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I am studying at Wintec and use Unitec as a reference library. I have three separate logons. One for my hotmail emails, one for the Wintec site and one for the Unitec site. At present I am typing in each site address to access each site. Can I set up “tabs” in IE so all I have to do is enter my password to logon to each site? Can I have my emails and Wintec site running at the same time?
I am using Win7 and IE 9
Your help with this is appreciated

coldot
13-05-2012, 03:10 PM
If you use a mail clent like Mozilla Thunderbird then you can have it check several email addresses. I have mine set to check two addresses every 5 minutes and a couple of others are checked very half hour. Of course it checks all of them at first login to T'bird.
Other than that - why not forward your emails all to one address. Many email servers can forward either copy or move.

gary67
13-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Can you not just bookmark the sites and save them while logged in? I know you can't with some sites like banking ones. I think your talking about websites and not emails in which case an email client is not what your looking at

wainuitech
13-05-2012, 06:58 PM
While this may not be exactly what you want, it will work.

Open IE, tools/internet options/ in the general Tab, where it shows your home page, add as many sites as you want to the list. Then when you open IE it will automatically open every site listed, in separate tabs.

Iantech
13-05-2012, 08:35 PM
or add the sites to your favorites bar and they will be right along the top of your browser - if you use IE and have your favorites bar selected to show.

mikebartnz
14-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Of course it checks all of them at first login to T'bird.
You can turn that off.