PDA

View Full Version : My screen is rigged?

nitrowarrior
11-05-2012, 05:14 AM
My screen suddenly goes black, it only happened once, i have a Nvidia GT 530 GPU.

Screen goes black... computer still on...

Jen
11-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi, Welcome to PressF1.

Have you checked for loose plugs at the back of the monitor? How old is the monitor?

pctek
11-05-2012, 07:50 AM
You need to establish if it's GPU or monitor. Does it do this with a different monitor too?

Paul.Cov
11-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Hmmm, posted at 4.14 AM. Mate, it's not your screen going black, it's your eyelids closing and your own human version of a screen saver engaging. Get yourself some sleep!

Or have you found some wonderful software we can all buy which will fix this problem? I'm sure you'll hapily share that info with us soon.

nitrowarrior
11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
My screen is only 4 months old and im using DVI to connect ti to the computer... No loose plugs.

Trev
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Another one of those screens not working posts. A pattern is forming here.
:)

pctek
11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
No loose plugs...whatever....tried another screen yet? Or you just going to keep telling us what it isn't?

Agent_24
11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
If you don't have another monitor to try:

Next time the screen goes blank, try hitting the capslock\numlock\scroll lock keys on your keyboard a few times. The corresponding lights on the keyboard should flash on and off. If they don't, your computer is probably locked up, which likely means it's the problem and not the monitor.

If the keyboard still seems responsive, try bringing up the OSD on the monitor or unplugging the video cable and seeing if it displays a "No signal" message. If nothing works there then it could be the monitor is faulty.

In that case, turn the monitor off for about 20 seconds and then back on. Does this fix the issue? If so, then it would seem like a monitor issue.