PDA

View Full Version : ZoneAlarm splash screen

29-10-2001, 11:31 PM
Anyone know how to switch this off on startup, can't find the option within the program?

29-10-2001, 11:51 PM
Under Configure: untick Load Zone Alarm at startup box.

29-10-2001, 11:55 PM
Hi, go to the place where you open zonealarm from. Right click and select Properties, in the target box put
-nosplash -nopopup
in including the spaces.

Should end up looking something like this, the bit at the front may be different for you.

'C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe' -nosplash -nopopup

Good Luck JM

30-10-2001, 02:44 PM
Zonealarm may not be in one of your usual startup folders or in the run area in the directory. This is because it is started up as a startup group at 'C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup' This is different than 'C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Startup' Which is the one you see from your startmenu.

Hope this makes sense and is a help.

G P

30-10-2001, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your ideas.

JM wrote as you described but still no luck. Have I written it right ie with correct spaces etc - 'C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe' - nosplash - nopopup

30-10-2001, 09:15 PM
...a quick note of *thanks* to JM for the workaround.

This tip has been doing the rounds for about 12 months now - but I have never managed to make it work (d-uh).

So - a big thanks also to Graham Petrie for drawing attention to the need for the changes to made inside the 'All Users' folder.

A nice improvement - thank you !!!

e_

31-10-2001, 11:46 PM
The bit at the front may be different for you, it's just that I always start it myself before I go on the net and start it from the start menu.

You should have no spaces ie. -nopopup -nosplash

no space between the '-' and 'nopopup' or 'nosplash'