PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone (Format) Help Needed ????

Nhashon
06-05-2012, 08:28 PM
I recently saw samsung galaxy 3 though in terms of smartphone , i l really like the IPHONE . To me i like the iphone because of it's display , apps and etc . Though i want a smart phone which has got good rich display , a processor good for multi tasking and a range of formats for video playing , downloading stuff etc . So any ideas /thoughts out on whether samsung galaxy 3 would have a range of formats . If not can you nominate me any smartphone which i may be interested to have a look .

stratex5
06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Go to www.pricespy.co.nz and compare them. The android has more uses like flash player and is larger in size. The iPhone will probibly feel a little nicer in the ui.

Nhashon
06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh i think youre saying android has got more capabilties than I PHONE

icow
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Imo you have to go to a store an use both an android phone and an iphone. Pick the one you like. Android has flash support, ios doesn't only difference between the two imo(there are work arounds for ios). Someone will probably come and reply saying nah android can do this, this and this and ios sucks (ok that's slightly exaggerated but this forum is android biased imo). Android and ios can accomplish basically the same things. Sometimes the way that you accomplish these things can be different though. I think the most important thing is actually the hardware especially the touchscreen and how well it is optimised for the OS (don't buy a cheap android phone,858 eww).

stratex5
06-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Oh i think youre saying android has got more capabilties than I PHONE

I did not say such thing. I said the android supports flash and have varities of screen sizes where as the iPhone has a more refined ui. I usally find android to lag a little bit compared to ios. It really depends on what you are using it for

stratex5
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
And lets say you jail break an iPhone it has alot more capabilities but if you were to root an android it would top it off. Personally id go for the android but only for the larger screen otherwise the iPhone "takes the cake".:)

Nhashon
06-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Ok thanks for info people .

Chilling_Silence
07-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Do you mean the Galaxy 3 or the Galaxy S3? Coz the Galaxy 3 is also known as the Galaxy 580 / i5800:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i5800_galaxy_3-3395.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

The Error Guy
07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Remember there are a LOT more devices than the Galaxy series for android... Also check out Windows Phones. They are very nice although there are less apps than android and iOS in my experience.

My personal feeling on iOS is that it was once great but they have not updated the UI since release and personally I don't like it one bit now, it feels clumsy and outdated. Ice Cream Sandwich on Android and WP7/8's metro design UI are much nicer.

You mentioned that you wanted a processor for multitasking? what apps are you wanting to multitask, depending on the app you might want to remember that iOS isn't a TRUE multitasking OS, apps in the background are "paused" so you can't keep a background process running properly. Not sure what WP does with that but I know Android can.

With regards to WP7, the Nokia Lumia series are nice as far as specs and looks go.

My Best advice is to grab an android, WP and iPhone and feel them out. After using my S II for a while I used a mates iPhone and realized how heavy and chunky it felt. The screen is really small and I prefer the sharpness and contrast of the SAMOLED display on the S II.

Also beware of Telecom stores, they stock a limited range (of other devices) and will try to get you to buy into an iPhone, more importantly, into an iPhone on a plan with more txt's calling minuets and data than you need. You are best to find the one you want online, then try find some physical store at which you can try it (or a friend with one) and then decide on a retailer. I have found telecom's and vodafone's range to be poor at the best of times. Their cheap phones are cheap and crap and the rest are budget androids with a price premium. Not sure if they even stock windows phone.

Also beware of iPhone "reviews" and android "reviews" they are often written by android or iPhone users who will bash down the other brand without hesitation. Get real life experiance from yourself. You are who matters because YOU use it. Not the guy who hates iphones/droids/WP. That being said, there are some good things to look out for on there though. Just don't take their word for fact

Chilling_Silence
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Well said :)

stratex5
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Well said :)

+1

icow
07-05-2012, 05:36 PM
You mentioned that you wanted a processor for multitasking? what apps are you wanting to multitask, depending on the app you might want to remember that iOS isn't a TRUE multitasking OS, apps in the background are "paused" so you can't keep a background process running properly. Not sure what WP does with that but I know Android can.

While this is true it is probably worth noting that as far as I can tell it has little to no effect in regards to if the supposed "multitasking" appears the same as multitasking.