PDA

View Full Version : webhosting questions/vodafone

bass2theplace
06-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi guys, first time posting. hope someone can help. I have owned a domain name for approx 8months which i registered through vodafone, at the time I just wanted to own it, now that I want to get it up and running I am having trouble, when i first purchased it then sent me an email with my udai, but no username or password or instructions on how to get into the site through the backdoor, does vodafone have a common way to do this. Since I no longer have internet with vodafone they havnt been the greatest to deal with so I though about switching to another web based host server, godaddy or webgator etc, but when i went to transfer it my details couldnt be found in the WHOIS system, but it says my site is registered. my site is www.mydaze.co.nz if anyone can help me out thatd be great, I want to get my first site up and running. Cheers in advance

Chilling_Silence
06-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Your registration has lapsed, presumably you purchased it for a year and now it's expired and not auto-renewed.
http://www.c2s.co.nz/whois.php?d=mydaze.co.nz

Just register it again with somebody like domains4less :)

pctek
06-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Also owning the domain does not give you the ability to attach a website.
You need to buy a hosting plan to have a website uploaded as well.
But as Chill has said, register it again as it is now publicly available for anyone to buy now.
Domains4less charges $22.94 a year for a domain, and so long as your registrant email address is up to date you get three notifications before it is due for renewal.

bass2theplace
07-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Thank you very much guys will do. Nice to see vodafone are still charging me though lol will get it swapped in next couple days.

bass2theplace
07-05-2012, 06:28 AM
strange i went to register it through domains4less but they say it is unavailable, but atleast now when i go to whois i can see all my details and that its actually under my name. ill try transfer it to them

Safari
07-05-2012, 08:02 AM
strange i went to register it through domains4less but they say it is unavailable, but atleast now when i go to whois i can see all my details and that its actually under my name. ill try transfer it to them

Go to www.dnc.co.nz
You will see it is available and not registered.