PDA

View Full Version : Recurring frustrations in Start up menu

Neil F
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I loaded Soluto and lightened start up load .
It however seems to miss items that appear ticked in Msconfig startup tab.

I regularly go into MSConfig Startup and untick the boxes for ITunes ,Adobe Reader, Adobe reader help and periodically others .
I then click on Apply.
Sometimes I then restart my PC to ensure they take effect immediately but sometimes I do not because I may be shutting down and turning on my Pc several times during the day.

The next day when I start my PC those boxes reappear as ticked in the Startup tab in MSConfig.

How can I permanently stop them reappearing at Startup?

I am on Windows 7 32 bit .

Neil F

04-05-2012, 10:21 AM
How can I permanently stop them reappearing at Startup?

Uninstall them :D

But seriously, some programs will just keep putting itself into startup after you use it, or when it gets
updated
Also go into services.msc & disable the services that these programs installed

But my advice is not bother too much about this non-issue
1) turn on the pc
2) go away & come back in 4 minutes
3) it things are still loading up after 4 minutes, then there is an issue, else just leave it
is it really an issue if win takes an extra 30 secs' to finish the startup ?

Speedy Gonzales
04-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Get ccleaner and delete the entries from startup. I dont think you can delete the Itunes entry it needs to be there for it to work properly

pctek
04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
is it really an issue if win takes an extra 30 secs' to finish the startup ?
You're joking of course.

04-05-2012, 02:51 PM
You're joking of course.

nope. I see many PC's that take 2-3+ minutes for Win + all the startup items to finish loading
so whats the issue with an extra 30 secs, IF the PC runs ok once its all up & running

Just the way it is.
5-8 year old PC, + (say) AV startup scan, Cannon + Hp printer software/monitors, skype, tomtom, dropbox, itunes etc etc These things all take time to load up.
Push the on button, come back in 4 minutes. Go make a coffee

an extra 30 secs is not so important, once a day .

Paul.Cov
04-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Employ Hibernation as an alternative to Shutdown, and have all apps running in less than a minute.

kahawai chaser
04-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Or Maybe consider running portable versions only, from a pen drive, if you don't really need or use full version/desktop utilities.