PDA

View Full Version : Saving emails from MS Out Look Express

29-10-2001, 08:08 PM
There is probably some easy way of doing this that has not made itself apparent to me. But, I want to be able to save to CD the contents of my Out Look Express received and sent email on to CD.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Regards, Stefan

29-10-2001, 08:36 PM
I have also wanted to know the answer to this question and this is what I came across some time ago:

'If you are using Outlook Express version 5 and higher, you can save the entire folder or .dbx file to the CD (be sure to include the Folders.dbx file). However, you will not be able to access the individual e-mails from the CD. You will need to copy the files to your harddrive, remove the Read-Only attribute from the files and then Import the messages back into Outlook Express.

If you would like to save individual e-mails from Outlook Express to the CD, you can download DBXtract (for use with Outlook Express version 5 and higher only) then copy these messages to the CD. You would then be able to access these messages on the CD.

Download DBXtract here, if you are using Outlook Express:
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtract.htm '

No quite so simple, but at least do-able.

29-10-2001, 10:23 PM
I just discovered an easier way about 2 minutes ago. Shrink your outlook express down to about half size or so and when you have the message highlighted just click and drag the message over to your desktop...hey presto. I was trying to discover a way of reading my email notifications from here as outlook kept bringing up the message unable to open...not enough memory. You can create a new folder for your emails and if you want to view them outside of outlook then use word or notepad. You can then save them to cd very easily.