PDA

View Full Version : Stop device installing

turtle63
24-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I had a Sony Ericson phone which I used to sync with my computer and now have a Nokia, since removing the Sony and installing the Nokia suite etc I have had issues on boot up where the computer is looking to software to install the driver and not finding it.
It locks up the computer where I cant do anything and have to shut down.
It tries so many times and there are heaps of unknown devices sitting in the Device Manager, looking at the driver details tells me it is looking at trying to install a driver for the Sony, this is weird as it is not plugged in or installed.
Any ideas on how to stop this happening?

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Delete its entries from device and under device manager / view / show hidden devices / non plug and play drivers. Also, make sure there is nothing in startup to do with the Sony. There may also be a driver entry in add/remove programs / whatever version of windows it is. Some mobile programs install a program, and the drivers (Nokia suite does this)

turtle63
24-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Hey Speedy, done all those things, there are now over 60 entries in the Device Manager I am sure it just kept trying to install over an over again.
Nothing in startup to do with Sony, I did uninstall my Nokia suite thing last time and the connectivity cable driver after I deleted the folder in safe mode as couldnt do anything other wise, it is weird....

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Click on uninstall in that window you posted. I think it'll ask if you want it to remove it, say yes

turtle63
24-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Have done all that several times, it just comes back when I restart! and repeats itself in an never ending loop...
am in the process of uninstalling them all again

turtle63
24-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Have done all that several times, it just comes back when I restart! and repeats itself in an never ending loop...
am in the process of uninstalling them all again

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2012, 04:14 PM
See if revo uninstaller can find it then hopefully it can remove all of the drivers

turtle63
24-04-2012, 04:24 PM
It dosent find it :( am just heading out for short time will restart when I cone back and see if it re installs then, have just run Ccleaner too

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2012, 04:26 PM
This may or may not help (http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/21388?tstart=0). It looks (if thats what it is) takes over the USB entries in device manager

turtle63
24-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I checked out what you posted and lo and behold all 5 of the USb root hubs were all seehcri drivers, couldn't roll back so uninstalled and rebooted and it re detected the hubs as Microsoft drivers but it did still install 2 unknown devices that were the same thing, might just go through the PC and registry and delete all reference to seehcri drivers, or just disable.
Cant believe how much trouble they have caused me... and others going by what you send me. Bad of Sony!!!
Couldn't find any of that info so well done and thanks, was driving me nuts...

Iantech
24-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Have a look in msconfig and see if it is loading anything in startup that it shouldnt and disable (un-tick) them if they are there.

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2012, 06:36 PM
If you see the info in the last post delete that file and its registry entries (http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/955344-solved-usb-controllers-going-crazy.html)

turtle63
24-04-2012, 11:20 PM
I had that problem with some USB devices a year or so ago and that fixed it then but wasn't so sure about this one.
Msconfig showed something early on which I stopped.
I will post back in the morning once I restart the computer.
I tried to delete some of the Registry entries but it didn't like that, although it did let me delete them from the Windows/system32/drivers folder so that was good, have also uninstalled from the Device Manager so will be interesting to see if it tries to reinstall then

Speedy Gonzales
24-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Did it say you dont have permission?

feersumendjinn
25-04-2012, 01:32 AM
You could also try this
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

turtle63
25-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Booted up again this morn and all traces are gone from Device Manager and it has stopped trying to reinstall itself, Yay!
I have looked at that Autoruns program before but forget to use it sometimes :)
Dont recall it saying you dont have permission tho.
Cheers Guys for your help again