PDA

View Full Version : pci drivers?

28-10-2001, 09:24 PM
I have just bought a new computer, which came with XP. However, it seems the mainboard - a Socket 370 M754+ does not have compatible PCI drivers for XP. The CMOS wants to have the port set up with IRQ7 or 5. Device manager tells me that there is a problem [ yellow ! ] with the port, properties says that there are no drivers, but cannot find any when I try to install some. There are no drivers on the board CD rom which is set up for Win 98 or Win 2000.
Any suggestions? - or do I revert to Win 98?

28-10-2001, 09:37 PM
Don't know if there are drivers for it (or whether it is a driver problem) but you could start looking at www.drivershq.com. They have drivers (or links) for most hardware.

28-10-2001, 09:41 PM
I'd go back to the shop you brought the computer from they should have this sorted out.
Other wise try the win 2000 drivers or go to the mother board makers website and see what you can find I put Xp as a clean install on my 866 and had no probs with PCI

28-10-2001, 09:45 PM
irq 7 used to be for a printer port and 5 used to be sound card Under plug and play I dont think it makes much difference If it os a port you are try to set up PCI Drivers wont help you

29-10-2001, 06:36 AM
The mainboard doesn't have the drivers for your PCI devices.

If you are adding a PCI device that the driver can't be detected for, then you need to supply the driver.

It sounds more like a conflict of your IRQ's. Which device has the yellow exclamation mark?

You may need to manually change the IRQ for that device.