PDA

View Full Version : Toolbar and taskbar opaque, (see through but blurred)

supergran
20-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Our Toshiba laptop running windows 7 has stopped showing colour on the taskbar and toolbar, it is see through to the desktop, just blurred. Any ideas any one. Hubby thought it was firefox last night, and when I used it this morning to uninstall and reinstall said program, realised that it is with all folders, not just internet browser.

wainuitech
20-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Sounds like Aero is enabled - its meant to be transparent. To change it, right click the desktop/Personalize , down the very bottom click on Window Color, theres a tick box that enables or disables aero, or you can change the color/ intensity.

supergran
20-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks for that, off to try it.

supergran
20-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Thank you ever so much! Don't know how he changed that, cos he doesn't play around he just uses firefox, but that is what it was.

Slankydudl
20-04-2012, 12:32 PM
well i dont know but somtimes when i exit BF3 it switches to the default theme

fred_fish
20-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Under Computer-Properties-Advanced-Something... there are the "effects" properties along with a "Let Windows decide" button that will adjust settings 'on the fly' depending on resource availability etc. I suspect BF3 is eating it all & Win decides it needs to scale back the effects so you have a nice 'experience'.