PDA

View Full Version : Address Reservation TP-WR1043

gum digger
19-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi
I have configured so a particular mac address receives a specific IP address but this isnt working. I have tried rebooting router and the computer. also made sure the setting is enabled.

SolMiester
19-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you sure the MAC address format is correct, have you check the router manufacturer website for issues on this?

wratterus
19-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm using the TD-W8960N at the moment, IP reservation working no problem, mine looks like this, bear in mind I've blanked out the last characters on the Ip addresses and MAc addresses.

Also, you've made sure the addresses you're reserving are within the DHCP scope?

dugimodo
19-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't reserve mine, I just set the DHCP range so any static IPs I want are outside the range it auto assigns then manually set the IP to whatever I want.

gum digger
19-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm using the TD-W8960N at the moment, IP reservation working no problem, mine looks like this, bear in mind I've blanked out the last characters on the Ip addresses and MAc addresses.

Also, you've made sure the addresses you're reserving are within the DHCP scope?

I reserved 5 IP's in total but only 4 are listed as permanent, and the fourth has a lease time which never expires. (resets to 2 hrs after expiry). I shouldve mentioned earlier, the 5th machine is going to through my old RTA1025 which is acting as a access point + Wifi repeater (DHCP off)